LHL: Cordia Appeals KHSAA Penalties

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone's opinions are consistent later-- for people saying, "there's no proof of violations" if a court clears Cordia of wrongdoing on some or all of the counts, will you give them the same "there's no proof of violations" that you give other teams or is your mind already made up regardless of what's found in court?

They are appealing this to the KHSAA Board of Control, right?

There is no "court" involved at this point is the way I read the article

Correct.

The court would be the next step if they take it that far. I was just saying that in case it went that far. If the KHSAA board of control found no penalties, then that's like saying the KHSAA didn't find any.

I would expect Cordia to want to find out specific details relating to the charges, proof. I don't know whether the KHSAA has to provide them with the proof but I would assume that if the specifics are given, then Cordia can make a more informed decision on what they need to do, going forward.

So everyone's opinions are consistent later-- for people saying, "there's no proof of violations" if a court clears Cordia of wrongdoing on some or all of the counts, will you give them the same "there's no proof of violations" that you give other teams or is your mind already made up regardless of what's found in court?

If they get off? Sure. If they can get off it would be a monumental victory considering they had the worst violations in the 97 year history of the KHSAA.

Let's be honest -- nobody has shifted their position throughout the various Cordia discussions on BGP, and I have a hard time believing it will happen now regardless of how this appeal goes. If Cordia wins any significant portion of the appeal, those who defend them will claim victory and those who do not will claim it as proof of inconsistency and political expediency on the KHSAA's part. If the current ruling stands, those who feel the school did wrong will declare justice has been done, and those who have defended Cordia will, well, most likely claim it as proof of inconsistency and political expediency on the KHSAA's part. And, oh yeah, at some point some folks will suggest that other schools do it as well.

Let's be honest -- nobody has shifted their position throughout the various Cordia discussions on BGP, and I have a hard time believing it will happen now regardless of how this appeal goes. If Cordia wins any significant portion of the appeal, those who defend them will claim victory and those who do not will claim it as proof of inconsistency and political expediency on the KHSAA's part. If the current ruling stands, those who feel the school did wrong will declare justice has been done, and those who have defended Cordia will, well, most likely claim it as proof of inconsistency and political expediency on the KHSAA's part. And, oh yeah, at some point some folks will suggest that other schools do it as well.

Not true. I defended Cordia all season long and switched my position once they made me look silly for defending them. If they win the appeal then I'll tip my cap to them but I'm not holding my breath. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, that ain't gonna happen.

Not true. I defended Cordia all season long and switched my position once they made me look silly for defending them. If they win the appeal then I'll tip my cap to them but I'm not holding my breath. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, that ain't gonna happen.

People were saying "no way" when it came to Oowoahtoah and King getting eligible. People were saying "no way" when it came to Ortiz and Chapman getting eligible. People are saying "no way" there's a significant reduction in penalties now, and, given history, that might be underestimating them a bit.

People were saying "no way" when it came to Oowoahtoah and King getting eligible. People were saying "no way" when it came to Ortiz and Chapman getting eligible. People are saying "no way" there's a significant reduction in penalties now, and, given history, that might be underestimating them a bit.

A reduction in penalties doesn't mean they didn't break the rules. It means they were able to negotiate a deal to reduce the penalties. They would have to be 100% absolved from any wrong doing for me to change my stance. They cheated and got caught and a reduction of penalties doesn't change that fact.

As I said, I hope they win. Booster clubs all across the state are on standby to see what Cordia can get away with.

A reduction in penalties doesn't mean they didn't break the rules. It means they were able to negotiate a deal to reduce the penalties. They would have to be 100% absolved from any wrong doing for me to change my stance. They cheated and got caught and a reduction of penalties doesn't change that fact.

As I said, I hope they win. Booster clubs all across the state are on standby to see what Cordia can get away with.

I've always said the 30 for 30 that's made on Kentucky High School Basketball becoming the Wild, Wild, West would be something that everyone would set their DVR's for.

No more watching Jimbo Jones the 6'3 power forward who plays hard getting his shot thrown into the second row at Rupp. Everyone will have a shot if they have some crazy boosters. Who is the next T. Boone Pickens??? The 14th Region will finally have a chance at Rupp.