7. Pikeville vs. 2A #7 Prestonsburg

8. Raceland at 3A East Carter

9. Paintsville -- OPEN

10. Paris vs. 3A Bath County (8/23)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good pre-season ranking for 1A. Mayfield should be number one until proven other wise. I feel like Beechwood, Frankfort, and Williamsburg can be put in any of the two through four spots and still look good. But at seven through ten, things get interesting. I never thought that Paris would be in the top ten. I am not a big follower of Paris so I have little knowledge on what they have returning and how they will be this year. This is, of course, a bit biased, but I believe Raceland can beat Pikeville at this point, AT HOME. I would second guess the game if it were at Pikeville. I still like that Paintsville is in the top ten at well. They will have a very good and competitive team this year. Overall, a very nice and well put top ten for 1A.

Excellent job. Agree 100%.

Just a few things to add;

- Hazard is a team to watch out of the East. Think the Bulldogs will be quite formidable with Jones returning at RB and their young QB with a year of maturity under his belt.

- Paintsville is the dark horse. They were probably the 10th or 11th best team in 1A last year and return everyone. On top of that the Daniels kid is back and they get the Belcher kid at RB. You are talking about possibly 2 of the Top 10 or 15 individual players in 1A...BIG additions.

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but being someone who doesn't know a ton about 1A football, I wanted to ask - Are the top 3 teams listed above on the West side of the bracket? And are they the prohibitive favorites (I thought so)?

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but being someone who doesn't know a ton about 1A football, I wanted to ask - Are the top 3 teams listed above on the West side of the bracket? And are they the prohibitive favorites (I thought so)?

Yes, the top three are on the west side.

I don't think anyone in 1A is a prohibitive favorite. This may be the first time since the start of 6 class football that there isn't one or two teams that are heavy favorites. I expect the champion to be one of the top 5 teams in this ranking, but if one of the 6-9 teams does it this year I would not be totally shocked - surprised but not shocked.

I don't think anyone in 1A is a prohibitive favorite. This may be the first time since the start of 6 class football that there isn't one or two teams that are heavy favorites. I expect the champion to be one of the top 5 teams in this ranking, but if one of the 6-9 teams does it this year I would not be totally shocked - surprised but not shocked.

Thanks VOR!

I'm looking forward to keeping up with them this year. Sounds like it's going to be a fun - wide-open year!

I'd still have Fairview in the Top 10 ahead of Paris.. They'll be down compared to last 2-3 years, but, still a Top 10 program.. May even have Bethlehem in the Top 10.. They were pretty solid last year and return quite a bit..

Fairview has 23 players, a new coach that has never been a head coach before and started a new state investigation today. Turmoil is an understatement. Plus, Fairview will be no higher then three in their own district this year.