Class 1A Preseason Football Rankings

theguru

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview has 23 players, a n ew coach that has never been a head coach before and started a new state investigation today. Turmoil is an understatement. Plus, Fairview will be no higher then three in their own district this year.
while i wouldnt put Fairview in the top 10 , i will point out you are wrong about a few things . 1st while Fairview numbers are down this year they do have more than 23 players , we have 33 and just might have around 37 before the week is out . Also during our meeting today it was told despite rumors the football program is not being investigated for any violations at all , & if anything comes from the current investigation it will not in anyway affect the football program .

Fairview has 23 players, a new coach that has never been a head coach before and started a new state investigation today. Turmoil is an understatement. Plus, Fairview will be no higher then three in their own district this year.

If Fairview only has 23 right now, I am sure they will find a way to add 10-15 in the next few weeks.

Fairview has 23 players, a new coach that has never been a head coach before and started a new state investigation today. Turmoil is an understatement. Plus, Fairview will be no higher then three in their own district this year.

Talon beat me to it. I don't doubt that your numbers were right, at the time they were given to you. But apparently they have found some more, somewhere, and are expecting more by weeks end. I am curious where they came from though.

Talon beat me to it. I don't doubt that your numbers were right, at the time they were given to you. But apparently they have found some more, somewhere, and are expecting more by weeks end. I am curious where they came from though.

23 was the number I was given by a Fairview parent the first week after the Dead Period. What's happened since then? Who knows.

23 was the number I was given by a Fairview parent the first week after the Dead Period. What's happened since then? Who knows.
can never rely on a parents word . Not saying they were lying just saying parent is just an outsider looking in , & dont know everything going on . At the end of the dead period we did have about 23-25 "show up" for practice , but we had 36 sign up , & we were well aware that some wouldnt be there for practices the 1st few days due to various reasons such as vacations with family , to some were in a summer work program that hadnt ended yet .

Excellent job. Agree 100%. Just a few things to add; - Hazard is a team to watch out of the East. Think the Bulldogs will be quite formidable with Jones returning at RB and their young QB with a year of maturity under his belt. - Paintsville is the dark horse. They were probably the 10th or 11th best team in 1A last year and return everyone. On top of that the Daniels kid is back and they get the Belcher kid at RB. You are talking about possibly 2 of the Top 10 or 15 individual players in 1A...BIG additions.

I was told by a Paintsville dad Belcher is out for the season due to an ATV accident and that another skill kid had to have shoulder surgery. Can anyone confirm this?

So, the rumors about two kids from Midland enrolling are false?

Just thought of something , we did have 2 others who enrolled that are brothers , but they came from Spring Valley not Midland . Their family legally moved into district , & are extremely good character kids as is their parents good charcter folks . Their family is Fairview alumni , so they wanted their kids to attend Fairview . One is a Freshmen , the other is a Junior , but neither one is expected to be impact players .the older one may be a role player on D , but again niether one will be impact players .