Teddy Bridgewater - Draft Stock

It appears that Bridgewater's stock is falling fairly hard. What are some of the reasons? Should it all be blamed on the Pro Day?

Report: Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts have been shaky - CBSSports.com

I know his Wonderlic score was leaked (which I completely disagree with unless it came from Teddy's camp), but I don't think that's had a very noticeable effect. Maybe I'm wrong on that though, and it's a combination of his Pro Day and the score?

Are his private workouts really that bad, or are teams maybe playing things close to the vest, liking what they see, and just not publicizing it in hopes that Teddy falls to them? Any professional league's drafts are full of smokescreens, so nothing would surprise me.

Either way, I think he's going to have a more successful professional career than Johnny Manziel and I wish him the best. I'm far from a Louisville Cardinals fan, but I'm a fan of Teddy and he seems to be a kid that it's easy to get behind because he does things the right way.

I'm a fan of the Houston Texans, and while I don't know how I'd feel about them taking Teddy #1 overall given the perception as it currently stands, I know that both he and Jadaveon Clowney are the two players in this draft that I most hope they end up taking (whether or not that means they end up trading down to do it).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've never seen the hype that Teddy has been garnering the past few seasons and how he is ready to play at the next level. Sure, he has been very good but I just never saw the skills that supposedly would let him be successful in the NFL. With that being said, I know I'm in the vast minority on this and that there are a lot more highly paid and respected scouts, etc. that know much more about him and his skills than I will ever know so I do concede I'm not an expert.

Maybe it's not actually dropping with the teams. We put too much into draft projections.

I've never been enamored with Teddy as a thrower. Seems like a good kid and a great leader but I'm just not sold on his arm when it comes to warranting being taken high in the first round.

It appears that Bridgewater's stock is falling fairly hard. What are some of the reasons? Should it all be blamed on the Pro Day?

Report: Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts have been shaky - CBSSports.com

I know his Wonderlic score was leaked (which I completely disagree with unless it came from Teddy's camp), but I don't think that's had a very noticeable effect. Maybe I'm wrong on that though, and it's a combination of his Pro Day and the score?

Are his private workouts really that bad, or are teams maybe playing things close to the vest, liking what they see, and just not publicizing it in hopes that Teddy falls to them? Any professional league's drafts are full of smokescreens, so nothing would surprise me.

Either way, I think he's going to have a more successful professional career than Johnny Manziel and I wish him the best. I'm far from a Louisville Cardinals fan, but I'm a fan of Teddy and he seems to be a kid that it's easy to get behind because he does things the right way.

I'm a fan of the Houston Texans, and while I don't know how I'd feel about them taking Teddy #1 overall given the perception as it currently stands, I know that both he and Jadaveon Clowney are the two players in this draft that I most hope they end up taking (whether or not that means they end up trading down to do it).

I think there is a ton of this that goes on. Whenever I hear "an anonymous NFL coach/exec says...", I'm thinking there's at least a 50-50 chance the guy is blowing smoke. If you honestly don't think a guy has what it takes to make it in the NFL, then have the stones to stand behind the statement, and let your name be associated with it.

Personally I've never seen the hype that Teddy has been garnering the past few seasons and how he is ready to play at the next level. Sure, he has been very good but I just never saw the skills that supposedly would let him be successful in the NFL. With that being said, I know I'm in the vast minority on this and that there are a lot more highly paid and respected scouts, etc. that know much more about him and his skills than I will ever know so I do concede I'm not an expert.

I don't think any of us are, but it's still fun to speculate, so fire away.

I think there is a ton of this that goes on. Whenever I hear "an anonymous NFL coach/exec says...", I'm thinking there's at least a 50-50 chance the guy is blowing smoke. If you honestly don't think a guy has what it takes to make it in the NFL, then have the stones to stand behind the statement, and let your name be associated with it.

True, but I understand teams wanting to hype up someone and throw some misdirection at who they actually want to draft. It'd be kind of stupid to come out and say who you wanted to take if you were anywhere but the #1 spot, and even in the #1, coming out and announcing it means you might lose some leverage when it comes to a trade.

True, but I understand teams wanting to hype up someone and throw some misdirection at who they actually want to draft. It'd be kind of stupid to come out and say who you wanted to take if you were anywhere but the #1 spot, and even in the #1, coming out and announcing it means you might lose some leverage when it comes to a trade.

If you do this...I'm fine with it. You want a QB, and go out of your way to sing the praises of a DE...go for it. I just don't want to hear about the guys you DON'T want to draft (wink, wink). Don't go bashing the QB that you secretly want. I understand you don't want anyone else to take him...but, this action becomes very one sided (in your favor). I don't think any kid deserves to be tossed under the bus even before he puts on the uniform.

If you do this...I'm fine with it. You want a QB, and go out of your way to sing the praises of a DE...go for it. I just don't want to hear about the guys you DON'T want to draft (wink, wink). Don't go bashing the QB that you secretly want. I understand you don't want anyone else to take him...but, this action becomes very one sided (in your favor). I don't think any kid deserves to be tossed under the bus even before he puts on the uniform.

Fair point, but at the end of the day, it's a business (and a very cutthroat one at that).

I think it's one thing to say you weren't impressed with someone's workout, but quite another to leak confidential information that shouldn't be made public (i.e., the Dez Bryant interview, players with low Wonderlic scores, etc.).

I don't have a problem with Team A saying, Player B came in for a workout and we weren't impressed (even if it's just a smokescreen). I do have a problem when they make it personal. I see a difference because lots of other teams can bring the player in and see for themselves, and shouldn't be in the business of relying on other teams to do their scouting for them. I do think it's highly unethical and extremely dirty to bash a player's character just because you can potentially gain from it though.