IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the IRS Commissioner at the time was appointed by George W Bush.

It appears to have been confined to the Cincy office, so it sounds regional. No 501 (4) c was denied under the policy, but apparently a couple withdrew their applications after the questioning. Regardless, there should obviously be an investigation, as not only was targeting wrong but the information being sought was illegal to ask for.

As for there being some over-arching plot by the administration, it warms my heart whenever I hear about a conspiracy theory centered on the government, as it suggests a level of competence and initiative that I think the executive branch lacks under any president.

Well, the IRS Commissioner at the time was appointed by George W Bush.

It appears to have been confined to the Cincy office, so it sounds regional. No 501 (4) c was denied under the policy, but apparently a couple withdrew their applications after the questioning. Regardless, there should obviously be an investigation, as not only was targeting wrong but the information being sought was illegal to ask for.

As for there being some over-arching plot by the administration, it warms my heart whenever I hear about a conspiracy theory centered on the government, as it suggests a level of competence and initiative that I think the executive branch lacks under any president.

A conspiracy, they freakin admit they did it, how is that a conspiracy. Regardless of who he was appointed by Bush(crook) or Obama(crook) they are still following orders from their boss, who just happens to be the 5yr guy in charge now.

This...I agree 100%