Best Coach in NKY

How could anyone deny Coach M at Beechwood that title, looking at BW's accomplishments this decade and especially this year. What a shocking upset! Has to be one of the biggest upsets ever and a classic example of the best team does not always win. CONGRATS and good luck to Beechwood.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could anyone deny Coach M at Beechwood that title, looking at BW's accomplishments this decade and especially this year. What a shocking upset! Has to be one of the biggest upsets ever and a classic example of the best team does not always win. CONGRATS and good luck to Beechwood.

He's certainly in the conversation and there aren't many candidates to compete with.

Years from now my guess is that Coach M looks at this last victory as one of his all-time favorites.

You really can't leave out Coach Krumps from CCH. He does get talent there but he also has something to show for that talent. There are a few out there who have a lot of talent but do not get what Krumps does from their boys. I know TOG could give me the stats, but he's had many 20+ win seasons.

Krumps and Meyerhoff are the top 2, but most years, CC has more to work with than BW in my opinion. That's why I give Coach M the nod as top coach up here. He has quite a gig going at tiny BW High. I don't feel that any other coaches in NKY deserve mention as far as top coach.

Krumps and Meyerhoff are the top 2, but most years, CC has more to work with than BW in my opinion. That's why I give Coach M the nod as top coach up here. He has quite a gig going at tiny BW High. I don't feel that any other coaches in NKY deserve mention as far as top coach.

Beechwood has posted 20+ win seasons since 2003 and no question it has been done with less talent than CCH. Meyerhoff seems to get the job done year in and year out and most certainly gets my vote as top coach.

I completely agree here. CCH has more talent year in and year out compared to Beechwood. Mayerhoff still gets the job done even with being in arguably the toughest district in the 9th. (CCH and Holy Cross)

This year Meyerhoff beat Krumps at his own game. Not only at his own game but with less pitching as well. I personally thought strategically Meyerhoff couldn't have played it any better where as I don't understand why Krumps doesn't save Isler to the finals. It doesn't mean anything if you can't convert in the finals, your just another runner up and in this case 3 straight years.

But then again the whole pitching senario is debatable.

Also, on Krumps...This year's class was suppose to go to STATE no doubt in anyones minds. But with this unbelievable class they only showed for 3 straight 9th region runner ups? Now I know that this class was loaded this year but what happened?

I completely agree here. CCH has more talent year in and year out compared to Beechwood. Mayerhoff still gets the job done even with being in arguably the toughest district in the 9th. (CCH and Holy Cross)

This year Meyerhoff beat Krumps at his own game. Not only at his own game but with less pitching as well. I personally thought strategically Meyerhoff couldn't have played it any better where as I don't understand why Krumps doesn't save Isler to the finals. It doesn't mean anything if you can't convert in the finals, your just another runner up and in this case 3 straight years.

But then again the whole pitching senario is debatable.

Also, on Krumps...This year's class was suppose to go to STATE no doubt in anyones minds. But with this unbelievable class they only showed for 3 straight 9th region runner ups? Now I know that this class was loaded this year but what happened?

The more I think about, yes Covcath's strong lineup didn't have their best game hitting-wise, but they put up 9 hits or something like that I believe. Unfortunately Krumps chose the worst game ever to be conservative and not play his game. CovCath had an opportunity to plate a run with Stayton up to bat and men on second and third with one out, but opted to let him swing away.

I still put him in the top 2 coaches in NKY obviously, it's just unfortunate that he went away from his game.

The more I think about, yes Covcath's strong lineup didn't have their best game hitting-wise, but they put up 9 hits or something like that I believe. Unfortunately Krumps chose the worst game ever to be conservative and not play his game. CovCath had an opportunity to plate a run with Stayton up to bat and men on second and third with one out, but opted to let him swing away.

I still am baffled on why Krumps would not have attempted to steal more. I mean Beechwood had a catcher that had not caught all year. Why not press the issue and make the new catcher make some plays. I was also a little surprised there was squeeze in the bottom of the 6th also. It just seems like Krumps went away from his normal coaching tactics.

Before you annoint Coach M the coach of the decade and Beechwood the team of the decade, I think you better look at some numbers.

Beechwood has been to 10 regions, has 3 title appearences with 3 victories (one against CCH) and has a state runner up.

CCH has been to 9 regions, has 7 title appearences with 3 victories (one against Beechwood) and has a state title!! Krumps is also 4 -2 in post season play against Coach M.

Both are excellent coaches who get the most out of their players. Those B'wood teams of the mid 2000's weren't dog meat though. They were very fine teams with better than average players.

Congratulations to Beechwood on their win Wed. night and especially to Daniel Snyder.

I made this following observation in another thread 2 days ago..."Does Myerhoff and staff get the most with less than any other coaching staff in the region? Not to say that there isn't some talent at Beeechwood, because there is, but they don't get the top or deep talent pool like some of the larger schools in the region to work with.

Coach M and staff have to be up there with the best. To add to other comments here, they travel throughout the state to play any one. They travel almost every weekend during the season. They will play any one. Partly because no one would come to play on the old field. Now they have the new field and it might be easier to get top teams to come to Ft. Mitchell. Keep up the great work!

I heard that Coach M did not play high school baseball at Lloyd. Is that true?
\

No it is not true. Coach M was a catcher in the Lloyd program and by his own words caught because it was the only way he could play. His talent level never was as high as his love for the game.