Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OutlawJoseyWales

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales

  1. If Harrison comes out and plays focused football....the kind they displayed this past Friday nite....they'll name the score against Greenup.
  2. Harrison will definitely not field a full roster. Not mentioning any names but a major contributor or two will not be participating Friday nite.
  3. JC will control this one from start to finish. JC 42-20
  4. There's alot of football to be played. Better be more concerned with your game Friday night.
  5. Haywood is the difference maker in this contest. The loss last year to SC in the regular season is all this team has to remember. Belfry is focused and operating on all cylinders at this point. Game may go back in forth for a quarter or two...but SC simply lacks the overall talent and depth needed to defeat this Pirate team. Belfry's biggest concern should be penalties and turnovers. Control both and Belfry wins big.
  6. Pretty solid prediction. I'll say Russell 35 Mason 21
  7. So much for my upset prediction. However, Mason came out tonight with some fight....instead of the funk they displayed over the past few weeks. Mason and Russell should be interesting.
  8. I don't consdier mortal locks gambling:jump:
  9. This game won't be close. Harrison is beat up...with injuries to some key personnel...but Pendleton simply doesn't have the horses this year. I'll be surprised if PC puts up more than 2 TD's.
  10. Louisville Central is definitely "a favorite" if not "the favorite" to win the 3A Championship. While Belfry and Central share one common opponent in Johnson Central... I try not to compare common opponents. However...I am perplexed by the JC/LC contest. Did Central just have an "off night"...or did they simply get pounded by a better team? Were they beat up? Missing players? Just curious.
  11. So are you willing to wager something of value on that??
  12. It's just a prediction....nothing more..nothing less. I just think Mason has completely lost focus since the Russell game. Lackluster performances are not the way to head into playoff time. In all reality...Mason should win.....I just have a feeling they're ripe for the upset.
  13. Fleming has a long, long way to go before they can legitimately compete with Breathitt. Breathitt can name the score in this one.
  14. If I were you...I wouldn't put up anything of value on that prediction.:jump:
  15. I'm gonna call the shocker. I look for Mason to go down. Team and staff have not responded well to the Russell loss. I know their QB was out last night....but that doesn't explain their anemic defensive performance. West Carter in the upset.
  16. First and foremost I want to congratulate both teams on a well played, well behaved ballgame. There was a tremendous amount of emotion surrounding this game and both teams behaved themselves like true champions. On to the game: I've said it all along...and I'll say it again...This Belfry defense is the best I've seen from the Pirates since 1985-86. They simply know how to play the game. Very solid tackling...and their quickness...especially on the corners is a thing of beauty. I know some are questioning the pass defense in lieu of what happened in the 4th quarter. Believe me....Haywood knows how to defend against strong passing teams. E-town and O-Cath gave us plenty of practice over the past few years. Give more credit to JC for continuing to put up a fight....than questioning our ability to defend the pass. JC made some nice plays and they deserve the credit for those. If anything...it gives the coaching staff something to work on over the next couple of weeks. While I thought JC was a little shell shocked by Belfry's quickness....don't ever think they're underrated. They have a very nice team. Good size...good quickness. Their size got to us a little in the 4th....albiet, we went a little conservative once Elkins came out. Hopefully, his injury is not too bad and he'll be cleared to play...if not next week...if we win...the week after. But remember this.....Ryan Preston....if he can hurdle his nerves....may be the 2nd best runner on this team in terms of moves and quickness. He's a senior...and he's a great kid. If Elkins is unable to go.....Offensively, we'll be fine. We take a bigger hit, IMO, on the defensive side.....Elkins is an animal on defensve. The mountains should be proud.......one of the top programs in the state...and a very strong, up and coming program.....a mere 60-65 miles apart.....IMO, both did themselves proud. Someone has to win...someone has to lose. This time it was Belfry.....the shoe could be on the other foot in the near future.
  17. Surprised by the lack of Belfry posters in this thread. Anyways, here are a few: 1. Doug Howard 2. Flem BoDad Varney 3. David Jones 4. Mikey Scott 5. Jonah Caudill 6. Jim Matney 7. Curtis Childress Not really ranking...just numbering. However, Howard and Varney have to be atop anyone's list.
  18. If you're not interested.....look past it.
  19. P-burg was the BEST team Belfry played in 2003 and 2004...including E-town and O-Catholic.
  20. Matney played at Belfry in 1976,1977,1978....that was under Dick Roddy. Roddy was a pure Power I guy on offense and lived and died with the "44" defense. Matney was a good RB. Very quick.
  21. Mullins wasn't affected by the East Ridge consolidation. Those kids attend Pike Co Central.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.