Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
Paducah Tilghman 50 McLean County 0
This shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone. PT should dominate this game...year in..year out.
-
Highlands/Lex. Catholic predictions
I'll be shocked if this is as good of a game that some are saying. After seeing Catholic play multiple times...this simply isn't the same Catholic teams of the past few years. I think Highlands wins this one convincingly.
-
3A State Champs Predictions??
Well....they're not facing ANYBODY until they get deep in the playoffs. Any deep means state quarter or state semifinals.
-
3A State Champs Predictions??
In alot of years....you could pick out the top two teams at any level...and other than competing with Trinity, St X....most could compete and do very well. Based on that...I don't think you can make a valid argument. From top to bottom....I do believe that 4A is the weakest.... To stir it a little further....I personally don't think neither Mayfield nor Beechwood could win 3A or 4A this year.
-
Shelby County/GRC Predictions
I've seen GRC on a few occasions. They blew the TC game. Other than that....they've looked very disappointing. It's extremely rare then any team at any level...with a limited amount of games....can bounce back from an 0'fer record and make a serious playoff run. Some perspective may be needed.
-
3A State Champs Predictions??
Actually IMO, 4A is the weakest.
-
Belfry 49 Pikeville 7
Maybe Charlie Dotson??
-
Shelby County/GRC Predictions
Shelby wins this one going away...
-
How will Shelby Valley finish the season
Very disappointed in their effort this past week. Despite your sentiments...until kids start transitioning from the Middle School program into the SV Varsity program...I can't see alot changing. IMHO, SV is and will always be a basketball oriented school.
-
Belfry 49 Pikeville 7
Sprained MCL. Knee is sore. My understanding is that he will be held out this week (Magoffin)....and probably against Pike Central. He could see a few snaps in the PCHS game.
-
Pendleton/Harrison 10/5/07
Harrison....
-
Top Defenses
I think Belfry is tops in 3A.
-
Belfry 49 Pikeville 7
Few points to ponder..... Pikeville is a very good 1A football team. However, some of the play calling and decisions that were made by the coaching staff were quite mindboggling. The post game comments by Pikeville's Head Coach were..to the say the least...less than impressive. Haven't seen Belfry run a fullback trap?? Belfry is definitely for real. Defensively...this may very well be the best team Belfry's had since 1985/1986. Nothing against the 2003/2004 teams...but this defense...may be at an entirely new level. However, this team cannot afford to lose Dustin May on either side of the ball. Not sure why May was still in the game when he tweaked his knee....but....good judgement has to prevail in those situations. Overall...it appeared to be a clean game. Obviously, there was some "jawing" between squads....but really, you wouldn't want it any other way. The late hit early in the contest..wasn't a cheap shot...just a kid being aggesssive. Pikeville...you need to keep your chin up. Things will get better. Belfry....you need to stay focused on the task at hand. Right now...you're #1 in 3A...and very deserving of that. Don't get too high....and don't get too low. Haywood has always done a good job in preparing his teams and striving for improvement each week. So far...so good. Stay healthy...stay focused.... Pirate Nation is very proud.
-
Kentucky AP Poll for 9/4/07
Do you really want to go down that road...with Hillard Howard and his frequent trips to Matewan WV...Elkhorn City...Kimper...Texas...tucked away in the closet??
-
Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.
Nothing against your coach....but McGlone's record speaks for itself.
-
Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.
It's really killing you isn't it....
-
Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.
IMO, Russell has the better team...better tradition...better program...better coach. Now if we're talking basketball...it's a different issue. But...it's football.
-
Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.
Doubtful.
-
Belfry 51 Lawrence County 20
Nice post....I do agree that "getting up for the Pikeville" game will not be a problem. I don't agree with your feeling on Shelby Valley.....if that game proves to be a contest....then IMO, we'll have taken a couple of steps back in our approach and development. I guess that game that sticks out in my mind is last year's SC game. A game where I did see "complacency" set in....i.e--missed assignments, poor tackling and questionable focus. I agree that the 2004 team never got complacent.....and Coach Haywood deserves much credit for that......But.....he also had some "field generals" out in trenches...i.e..Doug Howard, David Jones and others...that simply refused to lose.
-
Mason Co. vs. Lewis Co.
They'll go as far as Russell.
-
Belfry 51 Lawrence County 20
It'll be interesting to see how the SC/LC game washes out. I'm not sure that LC is physical enough up front to throttle SC's running attack. Back to the Pirates: My biggest concern is the schedule. No real threat until the Pikeville contest. I'm glad it's at CAM....but that game should be a war. Has it been 6 or 7 straight against the Panthers?? One has to believe that the Belfry game has been circled since October of 2006. Haywood and staff must find a way to keep this team focused on the elementary fundamentals (sustaining blocks, solid tackling, hitting the holes) while battling the complacency issue. Unfortunately....not a lot of challenges left on the schedule (Pikeville, JC and Sheldon Clark excluded).
-
Harrison County vs. Marion County
Should be a good contest. However, IMO Harrison will win their home opener.... Harrison 40 Marion Co 20
-
Harrison Co. 17 George Rogers Clark 13
You really need to look that things more objectively. Not sure as to what game you watched...but....like it or not...If Harrison plays to their capabilities...they very easily could have put up 2-3 additional scores. There,s really no need in playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game.
-
Harrison Co. 17 George Rogers Clark 13
Yes...there is definitely some talent there. But from what I've seen...lack of execution, mental toughness and questionable play calling are real concerns. It didn't look like the Clark staff had their kids ready to play.
-
Harrison Co/ GRC Predictions
I didn't state that GRC losing to Montgomery was an upset...or even a cataclysmic event. Just stating that Montgomery has been mediocre over the past several years....scores or no scores.