Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman 50 McLean County 0

Featured Replies

Tilghman welcomes McLean back to Earth...harshly.

wow!!

 

I didn't really expect PT to win like this.......great for them. There confidence should keep growing if they continue to win like this.

They are for real, some just don't realize the schedule they have played and how they have lost some of their games. Look out!!!

This shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone. PT should dominate this game...year in..year out.

Remember that En Vogue song??? Back to life, back to reality!!!
Actually, it was Soul II Soul ... ;)

I agree. I don't know why anyone is so surprised. Tilghman has a pretty good 3A team that's happened to lose some close games to quality opponents. Some people read much more into that than they should.

 

Is Tilghman a legitimate state contender? Maybe not. Central might be head and shoulders above the rest of 3A and Belfry looks awfully strong. But I suspect that Tilghman is as good as anyone else in 3A.

I agree. I don't know why anyone is so surprised. Tilghman has a pretty good 3A team that's happened to lose some close games to quality opponents. Some people read much more into that than they should.

 

Is Tilghman a legitimate state contender? Maybe not. Central might be head and shoulders above the rest of 3A and Belfry looks awfully strong. But I suspect that Tilghman is as good as anyone else in 3A.

 

I don't know if Tilghman has the passing game to go all the way...but with the win Friday night it locks up the district championship so someone will have to go into Tilghman and knock them off in the playoffs...which is not an easy thing to do. Tilghman has the speed on defense to make it a tough matchup for whomever they play from here on out...they just need some confidence after losing some tough games early on and the shutout win may just have provided that.

Congrats to Tilghman on the win. They have a lot of speed which makes them difficult to defend. McLean did not play up to there potential and that added to the score. Mistakes and allowing big plays led to the final. Needless to say, to win the district, teams will have to go through Tilghman which will be very difficult. I agree with CardinalVoice that Tilghman is very one dimensional. Though they scored on passes, I don't think Tilghman could win a game passing the ball if the running game outside were shut down.

This shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone. PT should dominate this game...year in..year out.

 

As i stated earlier in another thread, Mclean Co has no business in the same class as Paducah! The results showed. Perhaps Paducah should be in 4-A!

As i stated earlier in another thread, Mclean Co has no business in the same class as Paducah! The results showed. Perhaps Paducah should be in 4-A!
McLean asked to play up to 3A ...

 

I agree that Tilghman would probably fit better in 4A, but I can't blame them for staying in the class to which they were assigned. It isn't their fault 3A down here is crappy. ;)

McLean asked to play up to 3A ...

 

I agree that Tilghman would probably fit better in 4A, but I can't blame them for staying in the class to which they were assigned. It isn't their fault 3A down here is crappy. ;)

 

Welp, then the Cougars asked for it. I don't blame Paducah for being in 3-A. I'd stay there if i were them. They will win a state title now & then in that class.

Yes, McLean asked to move up and they got beat.

 

As far as the state title thing goes, I think there are some teams in the Eastern part of the state that might have something to say about that.

 

And we will wait and see if this will be a "year in and year out" win for Tilghman.....

As far as the state title thing goes, I think there are some teams in the Eastern part of the state that might have something to say about that.

 

And we will wait and see if this will be a "year in and year out" win for Tilghman.....

No one has said that Tilghman is the favorite to win the state title.

 

As far as Tilghman and McLean ... can you name me one team in McLean history that would have been competitive with Tilghman?

As i stated earlier in another thread, Mclean Co has no business in the same class as Paducah! The results showed. Perhaps Paducah should be in 4-A!

 

As has also been stated in other threads about Tilghman is that their losses have come against tough competition. I presume if you play tough competition then you improve. I would also say that if McLean wants to be able to beat the best in the state, then they have to play tough competition in order to improve. McLean will take it's lumps and will learn from it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.