Paducah Tilghman 50 McLean County 0

EKUAlum05

No one has said that Tilghman is the favorite to win the state title.

As far as Tilghman and McLean ... can you name me one team in McLean history that would have been competitive with Tilghman?

Considering that McLean has not had a long history at football that would be difficult. If you are comparing teams since the Mid-seventies, I am not sure which would match up and which would not. McLean has just started this series with Tilghman and I am willing to wait and see how it turns out. If Tilghman wins every year, than I guess you prove your point, but that is a long time to wait.

In the old four-class system, Tilghman has been a small 3A school for several years. There was a chance that the Tornado could have been dropped down to 2A this year, which would have made for a very interesting district with Tilghman, Trigg County and Fort Campbell.

Like most independent systems, Tilghman has gradually lost enrollment over the years. Tilghman is roughly half the size that it was at its peak in the 1960s.

Considering that McLean has not had a long history at football that would be difficult. If you are comparing teams since the Mid-seventies, I am not sure which would match up and which would not. McLean has just started this series with Tilghman and I am willing to wait and see how it turns out. If Tilghman wins every year, than I guess you prove your point, but that is a long time to wait.
One of two things will have to happen for McLean to beat Tilghman ... a big up year for McLean and a down year and/or down performance from Tilghman.

There is simply no reason to expect McLean to be competitive with the Tornado unless there their program makes some dramatic improvement.

I understand your point given the history of Tilghman.

And teams can improve under the right coaches. I would suspect that if you looked at Tilghman's football history that there were points when they were not very good. As with all things, time will tell.

I understand your point given the history of Tilghman.

And teams can improve under the right coaches. I would suspect that if you looked at Tilghman's football history that there were points when they were not very good. As with all things, time will tell.

Not many of those years at Tilghman. They've only had one losing season since the late 70s, and Tilghman is one of the state's all-time wins leaders.