Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OutlawJoseyWales

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales

  1. Nice post. However...Dick Roddy begat Jim Matney....Not Haywood. Matney played under Roddy and Roddy gave him his first asst coaching job...in 1982
  2. I disagree. At this point IMO, neither team has anything to prove. Yes...it'll have a playoff atmosphere....but both clubs are highly regarded. IMO, both coaches want nothing more than to come out of this game healthy....win or lose.
  3. This should be a wake up call for Mason. Fundamentally, Fleming is one of the worst teams I've seen all year. Mason better come out of their funk....or....basketball season will come sooner than expected.
  4. I really think that's a crazy prediction. JC deserves much more credit than that. They should be the prohibitive favorite.
  5. Franklin has a nice team...but I don't see them as a serious threat at this point.
  6. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.:thumb:
  7. Seems like everyone wants to waive the "underdog flag":D
  8. Hogwash. Your bitterness is unfounded.
  9. I definitely agree. JC is very stout...and should be a 14-21 point favorite.
  10. That's funny!:thumb:
  11. So the best football was played in the eastern half of the state?
  12. Since 1995...Caldwell is the only pure Western KY team to win a championship at the 2A level. Obviously, realignment has changed some things...but....at the 2A level you have to agree that WKY schools have struggled.
  13. When did Harrodsburg (Mercer Co) become part of Western KY?? Yes..they invariably play the WKY teams to advance...but you surely can't claim they're a Western KY team. Regarding the "punch in the mouth" comment....don't take it so literally. All I'm referring to is the overall winner....in which the western ky schools have taken a punch in the mouth..especially at the 3A level (former 2A). When you review the past winners in 2A since 1995.... Winners from I-75 east: Bourbon (1), Breathitt (3), Russell (1), Belfry (2) Winners between 1-75 and I-65 (Central KY): Boyle (2) Bardstown (1) West of I-65: Caldwell (1)
  14. here's hoping that the Bred's are not taking this one for granted. They are extremely banged up and this could be a potential nightmare if they're not careful.
  15. The western part of the state has really taken a punch in the mouth over the past few years in the new 3A (former 2A) class. I know the WKY fans are hoping Paducah or Central(even though I don't really see them as west) can provide a strong showing and win it all this year. They may very well do it. It appears that both teams have such tremendous athleticism that it may be difficult for any eastern team to compete at the Pizza Box.
  16. Last time I checked....what you're referring to is called Leadership. The 2003 and 2004 teams had very strong, vocal leaders...... Who will step up on this squad??
  17. Belfry will win this. Belfry 45 E Carter 7
  18. Agreed. Both clubs have a long way to go...and any talk should be tabled until business has been taken care of.
  19. This game went pretty much as I expected. While I don't think Belfry played their best game to date....I think they took care of business...made their adjustments and stayed focused. Nice win.... Congratulations Coach Haywood.....you certainly deserve it!
  20. I tried telling y'all that Harrison was outmanned in this game. Not having Talbott was definitely a blow. However....as I stated in the pregame thread....Harrrison's O-line...not including the center...is their weak link on the offensive side of the ball. No one...and I mean no one...should have expected Isaac to be "game ready" after missing 4-5 weeks with the shoulder injury. The biggest problem I have with Harrison is they simply aren't physical enough. Questionable dedication at times.
  21. I don't think so. Russell....with 24-27 Seniors was definitely the favorite...and rightfully so. Unfortunately they had to play a 5A school in the finals...and still had opportunities to win the game.
  22. Very fair analysis.....and the game worries me from the standpoint of injuries. Belfry is a vunerable in a few key areas.....and will definitely need to get inspired performances from not only the starters...but also reserves who may be thrust into a precarious situation with the district title and home field advantage on the line. With that being said.....No way does Belfry go down...at home.... Haywood and staff are too good to let these kids get too high and come out unfocused. Despite the injuries....I believe you may see the best game Belfry's played all year. Pirates 38 SC7
  23. Those teams you mentioned.....most could have won the championship running 3 plays and a cloud of dust.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.