Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 27 Mason Co. 26 (OT)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 90
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

A dramatic finish with Mason County going for 2 instead of playing for the second overtime. With the #1 seed in the district on the line no less. Man, I think i would have kicked it. I don't know. Tough call, if he makes the conversion he is a genius.

sounds like it was an incredible ballgame. Congrats Russell!

Gutsy call by the Mason coach :thumb:. That I am sure will be 2nd guessed a lot. I wouldn't 2nd guess that coach though, imo one of the best.

 

Congrats to the Red Devils on the win. :thumb:

Congrats to Russell on a great win on the road.

Gutsy call by the Mason County coach.

Wow sounds like a great game. I am impressed with Russell.

Congratulations to Russell, sounds like a great game. This will be a heck of a rematch.

Mason played hard and had there chances to win. I would have went for 2 also at the end of the game. The Royals will be ready when they face Russell again! Congrats to Russell, but Mason will get em back!

Great game that lived up to the hype; too bad someone had to lose. Both teams had their chances in regulation; lots of big plays.

 

Congratulations to Russell; hopefully we'll meet again in 4 weeks or so.

Congratulations Red Devils. Russell made the stops when they had to. We had several turnovers that were very costly. During the drive back Coach Bucanon stated several times that this was his teams best game to date. Russell once again came out and gave up two TD's before answering back.

 

I want to thank each and every Red Devil player for that win. I did not want to make that drive two times.

 

Drew Abrams 200 plus yards tonight.

Mason lost the game at the end of regulation. After Mason Intercepted a pass, which I do not know why Russell was throwing that deep in their own territory, they had the ball on the fourteen yard line and three time outs. Mason had to take a timeout before first down and then got sacked for a huge ten yard lost instead of running to prevent any type of loss. Then on second down when we need some yardage we ran up the middle for one yard. Sounds backwards to me. Then our Freshman kicker tried a school record 40 yard FG that fell just short. Without lost yardage the kick gets there. Russell has Mason's number as they have beaten Mason 12 out of the last 14 tries. Mason also seems to lose the close games. Maybe a re-match down the road but in Russell will be a tough way to go.

Gutsy call by the Mason coach :thumb:. That I am sure will be 2nd guessed a lot. I wouldn't 2nd guess that coach though, imo one of the best.

 

Congrats to the Red Devils on the win. :thumb:

 

 

Great game with two great coaches...not just as knowledgable football minds but classy gentlemen as well. With that said, allow me to second guess both.

 

First of all I found it very unlike Russell to have the ball on their own 30 in a very hard fought game with under a minute to play and try to throw the ball. Result, interception and return to a spot that should have lost the game for them. I bet if they had it to do again they would have ran the ball and gone to overtime.

 

Second, Mason picks the ball off and returns to the Russell 13 with 20 some seconds left and at least 2 maybe all 3 timeouts remaining. What do they do? Shotgun--sack. Loss of 10+. Out of field goal range. I bet if they had it to do again they would have run the ball and got closer for a chip shot field goal.

 

Isn't it great to be a fan! Here I am at home on a Friday Night questioning the strategy of two programs that have won more games than I have seen!

 

Great game, I wish that I could have been there.

Russell played real sloopy ball but won. mason co. is better than I thought but not quiet good enough yet. Russell will play alot better come playoff time.

I told Mason Co. Russell will not lose two in a row.

 

Rams the Devils are coming!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Congratulation Russell. Probably one of the best teams in the state. With this come from behind win. I just hope you take it easy on little brother next Friday. Raceland has always respected russells program.:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.