• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may try to get up to this game.

Belfry 49

JC 42

If your prediciton holds true this will be one of the most entertainin ggames of all time, BUT I think you are seeling both team's defenses well short.

Also, both teams are running teams so the clock will be moving quickly thus limting the number of posessions and potential for points scored.

this one should be fun... more from em later this week.

this may ver well be THE game of the year in the mountains. We were talking about this on our show last night. This would be a great time to take the show on the road. We may try tp find a suitable location from which we could broadcast Kentucky High School GameNight.

this may ver well be THE game of the year in the mountains. We were talking about this on our show last night. This would be a great time to take the show on the road. We may try tp find a suitable location from which we could broadcast Kentucky High School GameNight.

The Befry faithful always set up a rather large tailgate between the baseball and softball fields. There is grassy area there, as well as a press box. Usually the tailgate is not limited only to Pirate fans, thus giving you a nice cross section of individuals to speak with. You would ahve to cotnact the school if inetersted in utilizing the press boxes ammenities I am assuming. I have a feeling you will not be the only ones broadcasting from that point (the tailgate)...

Other locations of note (with potential electircal usage):

-The platform overlooking the field above Belfry's lockerrom

-The soccer field adjacent to the football stadium

-The area directly below the flagpole near one of the stadium entrances

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but the JC/Ashland thread got closed before I could post – and I want to congratulate Johnson Central on their victory over Ashland.

Good luck in the play-offs.

I think your new field is beautiful. That will be a top-notch facility when you are finished with it.

JC over Belfry by 2 TD’s.

This will be a great game to watch. This will let 3A know just how good Belfry is. I have a feeling they will prove they are clearly the best team this year. Get ready to hear the PA guy call for Belfry to "show that angry red" all night long.

Belfry - 35

Johnson Central - 28

This will be a great game to watch. This will let 3A know just how good Belfry is. I have a feeling they will prove they are clearly the best team this year. Get ready to hear the PA guy call for Belfry to "show that angry red" all night long.

Belfry - 35

Johnson Central - 28

Speaking of the PA guy, he is doing a great job of calling the game and giving info. His voice is made for the job and you can tell he is trying really hard to do a good job. He stepped up after the sudden death of Mr Phillips and I know it was a tough thing to do, and he is to be commended for that and for his efforts.

My only issue is I wish he would tone it down a little with the cheerleading. He is trying too hard and it just isn't coming off right, IMO. It has been way over the top at times and I think it is offensive for the opposing team, especially when Belfry is winning big.

We already have a few dozen cheerleaders, the public address announcer's job is to call the game and give us info about the action. I would much prefer him to just be accurate and professional and save the DJ type antics for another time.

BHS will dominate. This doesn't mean they win by 20, but Belfry will physically dominate JC.

I highly doubt it. This will be a good game, but JC is the much bigger and more talented team. They should be a heavy favorite to win.

Speaking of the PA guy, he is doing a great job of calling the game and giving info. His voice is made for the job and you can tell he is trying really hard to do a good job. He stepped up after the sudden death of Mr Phillips and I know it was a tough thing to do, and he is to be commended for that and for his efforts.

My only issue is I wish he would tone it down a little with the cheerleading. He is trying too hard and it just isn't coming off right, IMO. It has been way over the top at times and I think it is offensive for the opposing team, especially when Belfry is winning big.

We already have a few dozen cheerleaders, the public address announcer's job is to call the game and give us info about the action. I would much prefer him to just be accurate and professional and save the DJ type antics for another time.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think the phrase "Dustin May runs into the endezone for ANOTHER PIRATE TOUCHDOWN!!!" came & went with Mr. Phillips as well.

But Nathan does do a great job, and like you said, his voice is made for a PA system. I do wonder if the volume works up there though...most of the time it is deafening.

To the game...As it turns out, this is the first time of the season we can get an accurate measure on how good this Pirate team is. Johnson Central whipped the other 3A favorite (Louisville Central), and are without a doubt the toughest team on our schedule.

But there are some negatives to this game being the 10th game of the year, and we might see the effects of this during the game. First, this game means nothing to neither team with regard to their goals of being state champions. No playoff implications, nor playoff seeding can be gain or lost by the outcome of this game.

So how much action will Shawn Grimm, Dustin May, Ivan Lee, J.K. Ratliff, etc., see during the course of game 10??