Belfry / Johnson Central predictions..

SuperB

Who wins  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Louisville Central looked great getting off the bus. A very impressive looking bunch of athletes. On the night they played JC they didn't have any heart.

BHS fans should not use the LC v. JC game for a comparitive look.

Lets see how this one goes. But I feel confident in my assessment.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fb15g8 please be on here after the game friday. i want to here what you have to say after they beat Belfry, rememeber JC beat up on the favorite to

win the 3A title Louisville Central. BELFRY only good win was Corbin the rest of the games have just been practice and we all know it. If JC is healthy they will win.

JC - 28

BHS - 18

p.s. my job in rd 4 will be to key on MAY like last year and I did a pretty good job of that wouldn't you say.

I like Belfry just has not played nobody besides Corbin it was a great win though.

Looking forward to playing you all in round 4 at your house again which is not a problem. Stay heathy and good luck Friday

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

fb15g8 please be on here after the game friday. i want to here what you have to say after they beat Belfry, rememeber JC beat up on the favorite to

win the 3A title Louisville Central. BELFRY only good win was Corbin the rest of the games have just been practice and we all know it. If JC is healthy they will win.

JC - 28

BHS - 18

p.s. my job in rd 4 will be to key on MAY like last year and I did a pretty good job of that wouldn't you say.

I like Belfry just has not played nobody besides Corbin it was a great win though.

Looking forward to playing you all in round 4 at your house again which is not a problem. Stay heathy and good luck Friday

I wouldn't look ahead to much, you have a Mason Co. team and possibly, a Breathitt Co. team that would like a shot at you.

Both teams will want to win this game just like it was the playoffs. Belfry wants to prove they are for real and Johnson Central will play Grimm until the game is decided & maybe after that (right Ashland?). This is a huge game for both teams even though there are no playoff implications. Look for a pre-playoffs playoff atmosphere. Say that fast 3 times. LOL

I disagree. At this point IMO, neither team has anything to prove. Yes...it'll have a playoff atmosphere....but both clubs are highly regarded. IMO, both coaches want nothing more than to come out of this game healthy....win or lose.

Look at the two schedules and JC should be the favorite by far. Belfry has played absolutely no good teams with the exception of Corbin and maybe Pikeville. JC would beat both of them by 28+. To be honest i am still up in the air on what i think about Belfry. I have watched them three times on TV and am yet to be overly impressed. If JC plays to 90% of their potential i say JC by 21. By the way' date=' for everyone who has said JC can't physically handle Belfry, JC won a very physical game against Wheelersburg who is the most punishing HS football team i've seen in a while.[/quote']

What????????

In order for JC to win this game, it is going to have to shape up its defense. The performance against Ashland was sickening to say the least. May and company will have a field day if JC doesnt get physical with the Pirates. With that being said, I believe JC will match Belfry's intensity and come ready to play for what looks to be the battle of the Mountains. I expect this game to be a quick, close game, but I like JC's quick strike ability and overall depth to give them the edge, but it will be close. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 28

Belfry: 21

You could be right about the schedule, ....but this game won't be won or loss based on the past 10 weeks.

This game will be decided Friday night one play at a time.

I think BHS will make more plays than JC Friday night.

Heart wins this one.

Play Belfry's style?? hmm...i forgot JC didnt run the Belly Offense' date=' have a similar blocking scheme, and didnt play smash-mouth football.[/quote']

The quote above is the issue for JC...........JC doesn't play "smash mouth" ball. They hope to run it by you, not over you. They "do not" have a punishing running back.

Belfry has two punishing running backs and a back up running back that is more physcial than JC's.

Let it be played.

JC - 28

BHS - 18

HAHA I have to say, if there was such a thing as lockerroom material, you have single handidly accomplished the feat of giving it for two different games in one post HAHA

But to be honest, the arguement may be valid that Belfry hasn't beat anyone. Even thought he Pirates dominated Corbin and shutout an offense that has been completely unstoppable ever since, holding them to negative rushing yards, it loses it's luster since it was only the first game of the season.

Sheldon Clark is definately a Top 10 team in 3A, but 3A seems to be dominated this year by about 5 teams. So Belfry's lopsided victory doesn't impress as much.

Pikeville, is a Top 5 1A team who probably has the best chance to make the carpet out of the very weak eastern semi-state, but, the Panther's are not anywhere near the calibur of a Top 3A team. Once again the Pirates romped, but in hindsight inw asn't all too impressive.

Cantrall ratings have both Pike Central and East Carter in the Top 15 in 3A, Belfry rolled past both, but once again the dropoff is vast once you get past the Top 10 in 3A.

Shelby Valley is a decent 2A team, but it isn't a surprise Belfry held a 50+ point lead early in the 3rd Quarter.

Lawrence County has been disappointing.

Belfry really hasn't beaten anyone since Week 1 worth making them a unanimous favorite to do anything the rest of the way... but.. they also have not been disappointing. Only once since the Corbin game have the Pirate starters seen the 4th Quarter, they are among the state leaders in scoring offense and scoring defense, thus also making them one of the leaders in scoring margin. Additionally, Belfry's Defense and Special teams have single handidly scored nearly twice the ammount of points of all 9 opponents in their attempts against the Pirate Starting defense. And in terms of 3A football, Russell ahs played a weaker schedule, as has Somerset, and Breathitt.. and all three have not been as impressive as Belfry.

You could be right about the schedule, ....but this game won't be won or loss based on the past 10 weeks.

This game will be decided Friday night one play at a time.

I think BHS will make more plays than JC Friday night.

Heart wins this one.

So you think the Johnson Central players don't have the heart to win this game?

Now back to the game at hand:

My teaser for Monday has to do with some of the underlying story lines that makes this game so interesting.

1. Teacher vs. Pupil- If there was a Bible of Eastern Kentucky High School football the Old Testament would say very early, "...and Haywood begat Matney, Matney begat Hager... Hager begat McCoy" One of the elite coaching trees in mountain football will showcase some of the strongest branches. Both coaches have varied styles, but tremendous respect for one another. It is also safe to say that noone knows Phillip Haywood better than Jim Matney, and vice versa.

2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!- I tell ya what it means! For Belfry, they make a statement to the rest of 3A that they are for real. The Pirates have also been arguably the King of the Mountains for the past 5 years, and JC is the upstart program looking tot ake over the thrown. JC's loss to Woodford County gave the program a black eye in the viewpoint of pollsters and media around the state, a win over the unanimous #1 3A team on the road would help the Eagles regain that momentum. Every house from the Tug River to I-75 that has any vested interest in High school Football will b curious about how this one plays out.

3. How Much Is It Really Worth? - Will both teams go all out in a game that is meaningless in terms of the overall state title hopes of both teams? Both teams enter with several key players banged up, if the Pirate's lose May, Lee, Elkins, or Dotson to an ijnury, their Pizza Box hopes take a serious hit. Conversely, life will be very difficult for a JC team without Grimm, Ratliff, Dials, Dillon, or Richardson. How much of the playbook do both caches want to display when so many watchful eyes will eb beholding both teams?

4. Coaching Lessons- The most important aspect fo this game si what both teams will be able to learn. Neither team has faced as dominant of a running game as the other brings to the table. Additionally, neither team ahs seena run defense as good as the one they will be battling.