Belfry / Johnson Central predictions..

SuperB

Who wins  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

To the game...As it turns out, this is the first time of the season we can get an accurate measure on how good this Pirate team is. Johnson Central whipped the other 3A favorite (Louisville Central), and are without a doubt the toughest team on our schedule.

But there are some negatives to this game being the 10th game of the year, and we might see the effects of this during the game. First, this game means nothing to neither team with regard to their goals of being state champions. No playoff implications, nor playoff seeding can be gain or lost by the outcome of this game.

So how much action will Shawn Grimm, Dustin May, Ivan Lee, J.K. Ratliff, etc., see during the course of game 10??

Both teams will want to win this game just like it was the playoffs. Belfry wants to prove they are for real and Johnson Central will play Grimm until the game is decided & maybe after that (right Ashland?). This is a huge game for both teams even though there are no playoff implications. Look for a pre-playoffs playoff atmosphere. Say that fast 3 times. LOL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both teams will want to win this game just like it was the playoffs. Belfry wants to prove they are for real and Johnson Central will play Grimm until the game is decided & maybe after that (right Ashland?). This is a huge game for both teams even though there are no playoff implications. Look for a pre-playoffs playoff atmosphere. Say that fast 3 times. LOL

I hope it does have a playoff atmosphere, but if either team holds back a little I can say that I understand why.

Both of these coaches & teams have bigger season long goals. If this game were game 4 or 5 of the regular season I would expect more of a "put it all on the line type of game" because you have time to recover from possible injuries. But with it being game 10, and especially with Belfry's May & Dotson only being semi-healthy, I don't expect to see Coach Haywood risk injury for victory.

I could be wrong, and this game may turn out to be as intense a game as I get to see this year. I hope so because I value the money I paid for the ticket, but I'm not really sure what to expect.

I am picking Johnson Central in a mild upset. JC will enter this game with the same frame of mind as a playoff game.

Matney does not want to lose his first game as the Golden Eagle head coach against his alma mater and he does not want to enter the playoffs coming off of a loss.

No way, LRCW, we both know Johnson Central is the favorite. Look what they did to Lou. Central, another 3A team like Belfry.

You said a heavy favorite. I'll give you the favorite part, but not a heavy favorite.

I definitely agree. JC is very stout...and should be a 14-21 point favorite.

Central is currently WAY too injury-riddled to be a favorite in this game. Especially if you watched us play Ashland last night. You look at what Alber did to us up the middle? Unless something drastically changes, Dustin May could run for 300 yards, easy. I love the Golden Eagles as much as anyone, and I'd love to see us win, but this team is nowhere near full strength at the moment and should be an underdog in this road game.

Central is currently WAY too injury-riddled to be a favorite in this game. Especially if you watched us play Ashland last night. You look at what Alber did to us up the middle? Unless something drastically changes, Dustin May could run for 300 yards, easy. I love the Golden Eagles as much as anyone, and I'd love to see us win, but this team is nowhere near full strength at the moment and should be an underdog in this road game.

Seems like everyone wants to waive the "underdog flag":D

Who is injured for Johnson Central?

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but the JC/Ashland thread got closed before I could post – and I want to congratulate Johnson Central on their victory over Ashland.

Good luck in the play-offs.

I think your new field is beautiful. That will be a top-notch facility when you are finished with it.

JC over Belfry by 2 TD’s.

JC has had a great season and will go a long way in the playoff's, but got to disagree with you on this one Graybeard Belfry is in a league of there own.

BELFRY-45

JC-28