bigblueinsanity

3A State Champs Predictions??

I would say whoever makes it through the probable Belfry-Breathitt game in the playoffs, goes on to win it all!!!

It's still pretty early to be guessing that. I would say the teams to watch would be Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, Mason, Louisville Central, Russellville, and Sheldon Clark off the top of my head. I haven't seen many 3A teams play, so there are probably others that deserve to be listed.

Original Posted by Grover

It's still pretty early to be guessing that. I would say the teams to watch would be Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, Mason, Louisville Central, Russellville, and Sheldon Clark off the top of my head. I haven't seen many 3A teams play, so there are probably others that deserve to be listed.

Well yeah most of these teams are ranked in the top 10 in 3A..:lol:

I would say whoever makes it through the probable Belfry-Breathitt game in the playoffs, goes on to win it all!!!

:thumb:

I agree, right now I woud give the edge to Belfry and Breathitt with maybe Mason as a long shot. I do not know the teams in other part of the state well if any at all so there may be a team in the West that I am not listing.

Belfry, Breathitt Co., Mason Co. and Sheldon Clark imo are the top teams in the Eastern part of the state.

If Belfry has home run hitter this year they have to be strong contender. If they lack break away speed , beware the Devils who by playoff time will be more than solid and athletic to play with anyone ...

I agree with westsider. Central is playing a brutal schedule and should be the favorite.

In the East at this point I think Belfry probably is the favorite with Russell, Mason and Breathitt right behind them.

Just not sold on Breathitt at this time. Until i see them play a team that is consider a top contender I cant see them higher than at least 5th in AAA. Same goes for Sheldon Clark. I believe Belfry or Russell will win the east and I see them playing Central or Paducah at this time. If I had to pick at this time I would go with a Belfry/Central matchup on the carpet in December but it wouldnt surprise me to see a Russell/Paducah matchup.

Belfry, Breathitt Co., Mason Co. and Sheldon Clark imo are the top teams in the Eastern part of the state.

Russell at 5-0 and ranked in the AP polls towards the top at least deserves a mention in this thread as well.

BTW Thanks for the PM the other day. I really got a kick out of it.:D

Russell at 5-0 and ranked in the AP polls towards the top at least deserves a mention in this thread as well.

BTW Thanks for the PM the other day. I really got a kick out of it.:D

Who all has Russell beat this season?

Who all has Russell beat this season?

Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, East Carter and West Carter. I realize that the schedule is somewhat weak.

Belfry has beaten 2 teams with winning records. One of which has an extremely weak schedule.

Mason lost to Boone and beat Lewis, East and West Carter and Paris. Nothing terribly tough there. Except for possibly Boone.

Sheldon Clark has only beaten teams with a losing record except for Fairland Oh which I have no clue about.

None of the 4 mentioned have a tough schedule so far. So the East is wide open.

Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, East Carter and West Carter. I realize that the schedule is somewhat weak.

Belfry has beaten 2 teams with winning records. One of which has an extremely weak schedule.

Mason lost to Boone and beat Lewis, East and West Carter and Paris. Nothing terribly tough there. Except for possibly Boone.

Sheldon Clark has only beaten teams with a losing record except for Fairland Oh which I have no clue about.

None of the 4 mentioned have a tough schedule so far. So the East is wide open.

You just made the case for Central being the favorite. They lost a close game to Manual and then lost to Male before beating Bullitt East and Elizabethtown. They have very tough games comming up with Western, Johnson Central, St X and Highlands. If it doesn't kill them it will only make Central stronger. They very well could be the best team in their class and have a losing record.