3A State Champs Predictions??

Just making observations. Nothing based off of any knowledge at all...:lol:

I don't know about the Ashland game being the best win. IMO Ashland, Boyd, Greenup and Lawrence are about at the same level so all those games are a wash. Russell's true test will come in the next 2 weeks facing 6A Simon Kenton and the district foe in Mason.

I will say this, Mason County would have to dominate Russell for me to predict them advancing out of that district come playoff time. I think the Russell team we see next week will be nothing like the one that will emerge come about the second round of the playoffs.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this, Mason County would have to dominate Russell for me to predict them advancing out of that district come playoff time. I think the Russell team we see next week will be nothing like the one that will emerge come about the second round of the playoffs.

I certainly hope so.

I'd have to say AAA and AAAA are not as competitive as the rest of them, you can thank the guy from Somerset for that. I wish they would GIVE him a championship trophy to make him happy. The classes are so watered down he MIGHT just get his chance SOMEDAY. My personal opinion is that Beechwood or Mayfield could compete if not win state in this class:cool:

In alot of years....you could pick out the top two teams at any level...and other than competing with Trinity, St X....most could compete and do very well. Based on that...I don't think you can make a valid argument. From top to bottom....I do believe that 4A is the weakest....

To stir it a little further....I personally don't think neither Mayfield nor Beechwood could win 3A or 4A this year.

Where the top team are after Oct. 5th games

-Lou Central 42-6 over Shawnee 4-2 with win over 1 team w/winning record

-Belfry 41-14 over Magoffin 6-0 Win over Corbin looking bigger

-Russell 65-20 over Lewis Co. 6-0 Opponents are 10-35

-Mason Open 4-2 with no win against team with a winning record

-Paducah Tilghman 50-0 over Mclean Co. 3-4 1st win against a team w/winning record.

-E'Town lost 44-48 to Moore now 4-3 has not beaten a team w/winning record.

-Sheldon Clark 42-14 over Pike Co Cent. 7-0 with wins over 2 teams w/winning records

-Russellville 46-14 over Hart Co. 6-1 with wins over 3 teams w/winning records

-Breathitt 59-6 over Fleming Co 6-0 with wins over 2 teams w/winning records

-Somerset 63-0 over Jackson Co. with wins over 2 teams w/winning records

Isn't Central's 2 losses and Mason's 2 losses to winning and/or ranked 6A teams? If they fill their schedules with 1A or 2A schools with winning records and beat them up what does that prove? I'll take the experience and the loss for the playoffs.:confused:

Russell is 7-0

Sorry about that DEVIL!

As for my original post.........

I wasn't making any statements about who was better just showing that records can be deceiving. I think each of the teams listed has the potential to make some big noise in the playoffs. For the most part none of these teams have played a very tough district schedule, though some of them have played some quality non-district opponents.