3A State Champs Predictions??

You just made the case for Central being the favorite. They lost a close game to Manual and then lost to Male before beating Bullitt East and Elizabethtown. They have very tough games comming up with Western, Johnson Central, St X and Highlands. If it doesn't kill them it will only make Central stronger. They very well could be the best team in their class and have a losing record.

No argument about Central. Just stating that Russell could very well be mentioned with Belfry, Sheldon Clark and Mason for tops in the east.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No argument about Central. Just stating that Russell could very well be mentioned with Belfry, Sheldon Clark and Mason for tops in the east.

Absolutely true. As the younger players gain experience they should get better as the year goes along. They are talented and have a chance to make it back to where they want to be.

Mason County is a team that I think alot of people overlook. I would not be suprised at all if they ended up in Louisville either.

Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, East Carter and West Carter. I realize that the schedule is somewhat weak.

Belfry has beaten 2 teams with winning records. One of which has an extremely weak schedule.

Mason lost to Boone and beat Lewis, East and West Carter and Paris. Nothing terribly tough there. Except for possibly Boone.

Sheldon Clark has only beaten teams with a losing record except for Fairland Oh which I have no clue about.

None of the 4 mentioned have a tough schedule so far. So the East is wide open.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong because I haven't seen any 3A football this season, but I will say that Friday night will be a good night for Russell to show us a little more about themselves.

Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, East Carter and West Carter. I realize that the schedule is somewhat weak.

Belfry has beaten 2 teams with winning records. One of which has an extremely weak schedule.

Mason lost to Boone and beat Lewis, East and West Carter and Paris. Nothing terribly tough there. Except for possibly Boone.

Sheldon Clark has only beaten teams with a losing record except for Fairland Oh which I have no clue about.

Belfry does own a convincing win over Corbin, which is more impressive than anything the other east teams have done so far.

Breathitt County beat Prestonsburg, which - like Corbin - is a consensus top-10 team in 2A.

Mason County held a halftime lead on Boone County, a top-10 team in 6A, before - according to various accounts - wearing down in the second half.

Those three wins appear to be more impressive than anything Russell and Sheldon Clark have done, at least to this point.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong because I haven't seen any 3A football this season, but I will say that Friday night will be a good night for Russell to show us a little more about themselves.

I don't know that this Friday night will be as much of a test as Mason and Simon Kenton. Those will be the measuring sticks with Mason being a needed win in the district.

Belfry does own a convincing win over Corbin, which is more impressive than anything the other east teams have done so far.

Breathitt County beat Prestonsburg, which - like Corbin - is a consensus top-10 team in 2A.

Mason County held a halftime lead on Boone County, a top-10 team in 6A, before - according to various accounts - wearing down in the second half.

Those three wins appear to be more impressive than anything Russell and Sheldon Clark have done, at least to this point.

I am just not seeing where 3A Belry's win over 2A Corbin is all that impressive.

They beat 6A Paul Dunbar which is 2-2

They Beat 1A Bethlehen which is 1-3

They beat 5A South Laurel which is 2-3

They beat 2A Knott County Central which is 0-4

Corbins wins have came against opponenets that have a combined record of 5-12. That does not make Belfrys win a stellar accomplishment in my book. Maybe there is more to it.

Mason's opponents have a combined record of 6-18. Mason did not win the game as stated above. Yes they are 3-0 in the district but have faced East and West Carter and Lewis co. Not the strongest schedule. Russell has handled East and West and should handle Lewis without much problem.

FBALL: Absolutely true. As the younger players gain experience they should get better as the year goes along. They are talented and have a chance to make it back to where they want to be.

Mason County is a team that I think alot of people overlook. I would not be suprised at all if they ended up in Louisville either.QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with you here FBALL. :thumb: While some may argue the strength of Mason's schedule they have at least beaten their opponents (with the exception of Boone Co. and as stated in another post, yep, they simply ran out of gas) in a VERY convincing fashion. I think if Mason beats Russell then they would definitely be a favorite to make it to the carpet.

Go Royals!!:fight:

Possibly Boone????? They are 6A #7. Mason was up on them at halftime 20-7. The Royals played with them they were down 28-20 with 4 minutes left when they ran out of gas. The Royals also play Campbell (good 6A) and Russell. Central by far has the tougher schedule. I think Mason is 2nd as far as schedule because of Boone, Campbell, Russell. Besides Central are there any other 3A schools facing two quality 6A schools?

Like i have stated before Breathitt Co. Bobcats has all pieces togeather,Sr QB in Colby Fugate,Center Scott Bailey may be best in East,O-Line with Hunter Morgan and Mike Turner,and ends in Wess Epperson ,Ryan Allen and Hearld and Runners Channing Fugate and Chris Jackson all on Offense...Strength,quickness makes it all good....

On Defense something i said was supsect but has come along just fine very Young D-Backs in Jade Haddix and Channing Fugate,good D-line in Johnny Johnson ,Jaun Little,and D-End Dakota Ritchie,linebackers Dusty Allen and Chris Jackson Corners Huston Noble,Ryan Allen ,all are hard hitters ,quick,and tough.....and lots of these are 10th graders or Jr's so looks good for next Year...

Then Coaching, Coach Mike Holcomb is one of the best offensive minded coaches around,and Coach John P.Chapman is a Guru at defense, so barring injury to key players Breathitt Co.has all the Pieces togeather to make 2007 Championship game,Dont you think.........Go Bobcats.....

Possibly Boone????? They are 6A #7. Mason was up on them at halftime 20-7. The Royals played with them they were down 28-20 with 4 minutes left when they ran out of gas. The Royals also play Campbell (good 6A) and Russell. Central by far has the tougher schedule. I think Mason is 2nd as far as schedule because of Boone, Campbell, Russell. Besides Central are there any other 3A schools facing two quality 6A schools?

I said possibly Boone because I know nothing about them at all. I agree with Central and I also agree with Russell's schedule being week.

The only thing that I am saying with all of this is that Russell is a contender from the East.

Wow, I am surprised not to see a single post in here about Paducah Tilghman, maybe its because they have a losing season this year. But all of their losses have came against very good teams and they were really close games. But last year they started out 0-5 and then went on to go deep into the playoffs, I am not sure what to think about their low scoring affair with Union County, unless they weren't wanting to show much offense for the Mayfield coaches in the game coming up, but I wouldn't count them out quite yet!!

Russell at 5-0 and ranked in the AP polls towards the top at least deserves a mention in this thread as well.

BTW Thanks for the PM the other day. I really got a kick out of it.:D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:No problem and you are very welcome, I certainly got a kick out of them as well. :thumb::lol:

As for others that I did nor mention that deserves mention at the top, some posters from the western part have mention Paducah and Central on more than one post so I will add them to my list of Belfry, Breathitt, Mason and S.C. as a long shot.