Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer
-
Mayfield 35 Caldwell County 16
How did Caldwell look? Good on defense, not great on offense?
-
Mayfield Therapy Session
If you read carefully, I said for the most part their titles in that era came from 1A. I am aware of the 2A title in 15. They by no means have done bad in 2A, that’s why I said I don’t think they are down. I would just be surprised if they win 4 out 5 in 2A, or any other team for that matter. I still think Kentucky has too many classes but I guess that’s another topic.
-
Mayfield Therapy Session
With the current landscape of 2A football I'd say Mayfield should win a title every 3-5 years perhaps. It is all circumstantial of course.
-
Mayfield Therapy Session
Im not sure Mayfield has gone anywhere either. When was the last time they have lost more then two games in a season? Its been a while! I will say this and I mean no dissrepsct by it: Mayfield went through most of their really dominant stretch (2010-15) in a much weaker 1A landscape. Not much competition outside of some okay Beechwood teams. They have not had that level of success since bumping up to 2A with stiffer competition. I think the 10-15 stretch gave people unrealistic expectations and the last 6 years have led people to think Mayfield is down which isnt really true either. I think the 18 and 19 teams were about as good as they have had in a very long time.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/27
Mayfield can make a statement by beating Caldwell really bad on the road this week. That doesnt need to be close if Mayfield is for real. LCA is a clear number 1 contender, followed by Beechwood, then Mayfield, then a mountain below them is the rest of 2A this year.
-
Daviess County at McCracken County Predictions/Updates
They do, but they better figure out some defense. Daviess - 42 Mccracken - 28
-
Mayfield at Caldwell County Predictions/Updates
I really don’t know much about Caldwell this year, it sounds like their defense is decent. Mayfield - 35 Caldwell - 6
-
Trouble at McCracken County
I have noticed numbers being down almost across the board it seems. Most teams I’ve seen have less than 40 it looks. I would like to do a study of what the majority of people think of school consolidations, especially after about 10 years. I’m sure they all needed new schools. I miss Lone Oak, Reidland and Heath.
-
Henderson County 20 Paducah Tilghman 0
Union is pretty good. They can run it and throw it well.
-
Does Mayfield stand any chance against the Top 2 in 2A??
@BadaBing that is the best take yet!
-
Frederick Douglass Football after 5 years of play in Lexington
Maybe they truly are supposed to be a 5A school. If they are they are, and I get it. This all kind of reminds me of what happened to Warren Central when South Warren was created. It seems like Henry Clay and Lafayette have really taken hits. I just believe FD has become the Lexington magnet school. If that is the case then so be it.
-
Frederick Douglass Football after 5 years of play in Lexington
Im not saying this is the case, so I am not trying to stir anything up. To me it looks like they are supposed to 6a and used to be and they found out the first couple of years they still arent close to Louisville big 3. Then somehow they dropped to 5A to have a better chance. I just feel bad for the rest of the Lex public schools.
-
Frederick Douglass Football after 5 years of play in Lexington
Im just confused as to why every other public school in the city is 6A and FD is not. I noticed they used to be then dropped down for some reason. Has always seemed a little fishy to me.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/20
What is great about this game is that eventually Mayfield and Beechwood will have to settle in on the field. Whether that is in NKY or war memorial. RPI’s, rankings, schedules and the opinions of old men like us won’t matter. Just the play of some teenage kids. Not message boarders crunching numbers.
-
Mayfield 56 Calloway County 13
I I understand that. I don't mean this rude but that doesnt mean that game has to be scheduled just because he was a former assistant .
-
Mayfield 56 Calloway County 13
This just my opinion but calloway isn’t improving anything by taking a guaranteed running clock loss. Mayfield gains nothing from it unless they saw an easy win against a bigger school for rpi reasons. I’m not an expert, but I do know the landscape of football in this state pretty well. In my opinion there shouldn’t be a ton of rpi bumps just by beating a bigger school. The true quality of opponents should matter most. There are a lot of ver low quality teams in 4a-6a. That smaller schools could and should dominate
-
Mayfield 56 Calloway County 13
Odd game for Mayfield here. I know champion is a mayfield guy but odd.
-
Does Mayfield stand any chance against the Top 2 in 2A??
Mayfield will play anybody tough. I just think beechwood and LCA are on another level. LCA is great across the board and Hergott is absolutely amazing.
-
Graves County 49 McCracken County 16
Holy smokes McCracken!
-
Owensboro at Daviess County Predictions/Updates
Would love to attend this game if I were closer to the area. There will be some expected offensive power displayed in this one. A fanstastic qb matchup will be a major draw for this game. But that is just one piece to the puzzle, and Senior High has the best pieces to their puzzle. I hope Daviess keeps it entertaing but OHS is just a more complete team. Owensboro - 42 Daviess- 28
-
Bowling Green 14 McCracken County 10
I thought MC would bounce back and keep it closer this week. They did even better than I thought. It sounds like BG has a lot to do to get right offensively. I hope both teams continue to improve and have good seasons.
-
Logan County 49 Christian County 6
I saw Logan first hand and was very impressed. I think they win that district with not much trouble. They have a freshman athlete that will be a house hold name very shortly!
-
Paducah Tilghman at Graves County Predictions/Updates
I know you can't always compare scores and each game is it's own. However, with that being said, I would assume McCracken is better than Graves, and PT beat them in a hostile environment. I believe PT is a more talented team and will win again this week. Tilghman- 34 Graves - 21
-
Paducah Tilghman 35 McCracken County 27
I do think classes in Kentucky mean a lot less than other states. There are some 6a schools in the state that several 1a teams could beat handidly. The same principle applies to other classes as well. I think more than anything you have football schools and schools that arent typically or very occosioanlly.
-
Logan County vs. Christian County Predictions/Updates
I saw Logan county and was very impressed. I think they win here