Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Graves County 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/28/2021 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Tilghman will try to ride momentum from their win at McCracken last week into this matchup. 

Graves, even though in a loss to Mayfield, did some good things. I think they feel about 3 plays in the game going the other way and the outcome could have been different. 

Graves has a plenty capable quarterback and you know they'll be looking to get McKee back on track on the ground. 

Tilghman faired fairly well against the run against McCracken but were susceptible to the pass at times. They will look to slow down Wr Mason Grant as he had a really nice game against Mayfield. 

Tilghman's Brian Thomas will be a tough matchup as he went for over 200 yds and a couple td's last week. If they key in on him, Cam Marshall at the other receiver spot could be in for a big game. 

Some intriguing matchups in this one at a lot of positions. 

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gcbleedblue
    gcbleedblue

    Feel like Graves and Mayfield level of play was a notch above Tilghman game last week. However, I’m hesitant to let myself believe that. This Graves team is very athletic and feel they can hang with T

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Tilghman's special teams were absolutely awful last week. I know what you're saying there. We couldn't do anything right and attributed to several McCracken scores.  I think it's a great matchup

  • They say speed kills, and Paducah Tilghman has it. Tilghman ran down one of McCracken best receivers and McCracken could not catch Thomas on 2 desperation passes that he caught on the run.

This looks like a good matchup. I'll take Tilghman in a close one.

Feel like Graves and Mayfield level of play was a notch above Tilghman game last week. However, I’m hesitant to let myself believe that. This Graves team is very athletic and feel they can hang with Tilghmans passing attack.

 

We have to fix our special teams issue. It has and will continue to cost us big games if we don’t. 
 

This series has been basically dead even the last few decades. I feel like we swap wins every other year. I imagine a close game that could go either way. If we win this one, I feel like we will have a shot to win a ton of games this year.

  • Author
Just now, gcbleedblue said:

Feel like Graves and Mayfield level of play was a notch above Tilghman game last week. However, I’m hesitant to let myself believe that. This Graves team is very athletic and feel they can hang with Tilghmans passing attack.

 

We have to fix our special teams issue. It has and will continue to cost us big games if we don’t. 
 

This series has been basically dead even the last few decades. I feel like we swap wins every other year. I imagine a close game that could go either way. If we win this one, I feel like we will have a shot to win a ton of games this year.

Tilghman's special teams were absolutely awful last week. I know what you're saying there. We couldn't do anything right and attributed to several McCracken scores. 

I think it's a great matchup overall. Should be a lot of fun. 

At Graves?  Graves by 10.

They say speed kills, and Paducah Tilghman has it. Tilghman ran down one of McCracken best receivers and McCracken could not catch Thomas on 2 desperation passes that he caught on the run.

  • Author

This game also has significance for Tilghman if they are able to win as it would be win number 800. 

I see this game as pretty even as most have said above.  

The team with the least turnovers wins.  I don't know who that will be though.

They are near even going head to head over the last 5 years or so.  Both teams have big play receivers.  I think it will boil down to who can get the most stops on D.  We know if Graves can open some holes they have a RB that can make plays.  Not sure about PT.

13 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

They say speed kills, and Paducah Tilghman has it. Tilghman ran down one of McCracken best receivers and McCracken could not catch Thomas on 2 desperation passes that he caught on the run.

Hard to believe, but speed is actually a strength of this Graves team this year. This might be the fastest Graves team ever. Outside a punt return with terrible coverage, Mayfield didn't have one of those long touchdowns they usually get 2 or 3 on us. Grant looked to be the fastest kid on the field as well.

Now our fastest team ever, still probably isn't as fast as a fast PT team. 

I know you can't always compare scores and each game is it's own. However, with that being said, I would assume McCracken is better than Graves, and PT beat them in a hostile environment. I believe PT is a more talented team and will win again this week.

Tilghman- 34

Graves - 21

Wasn't as hostile as in the past, Paducah Tilghman controlled their emotions the best I have ever seen them when playing McCracken County, now of that standing over a big hit as in the past. Which would usually result in an un-sportsmanship penalty. The one called on Bolen was petty on the refs part.

50 minutes ago, Joe Tracy said:

Wasn't as hostile as in the past, Paducah Tilghman controlled their emotions the best I have ever seen them when playing McCracken County, now of that standing over a big hit as in the past. Which would usually result in an un-sportsmanship penalty. The one called on Bolen was petty on the refs part.

In terms of crowd it will be a massive step down, potential let down spot for PT coming off a Rivarly game.  

You can hear all about Graves Co sports on the Region One Sports podcast. Give me PTHS 35-14. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.