Paducah Tilghman 35 McCracken County 27

A great opening night football game. Tilghman started off hot, McCracken played well in the 2nd qtr to take a 2 point halftime lead. 

McCracken's special teams were solid and helped them to manage some easier scores. 

I saw a lot of fight I hadn't seen from the young Tornado and was really surprised in different areas. 

Fun game to watch with a little bit of everything. Tilghman has won 3 in a row in the series and leads 5-3 overall. 

McCracken hosts Bowling Green next week. Tilghman travels to Graves County. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

This says a lot about McCracken, this wasn’t a great game of football by either team but PT was certainly better today. McCracken will be really down this year, and could be the first year they officially lose District 1.

McCracken has some pieces to work with. We've all talked about how much they progress during the season and I'm sure they'll get some things worked out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Congrats Blue Tornados!

Big win!

Either BG or McCracken will start the season 0-2. 

Hard to believe either of them will start 0-2, but it's gonna happen.

With Tilghman's schedule and what I had seen during the summer, I thought there was possibly an outside chance they start 0-5 if they didn't play well this first game. I'm hoping they can ride a little momentum from this one and build. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TilghmanPride said:

With Tilghman's schedule and what I had seen during the summer, I thought there was possibly an outside chance they start 0-5 if they didn't play well this first game. I'm hoping they can ride a little momentum from this one and build. 

Graves next week is easily winnable, then they have a chance to get the monkey off there back with Mayfield. After that, the sledding gets tougher with South Warren and Henderson County.

Big Big 3rd down plays for Paducah Tilghman 2 maybe three times they had 3rd and 20=25 yards to go and either completed a pass for a touchdown or an 80 yard catch, McCracken passed fairly well but had no running game. McCracken coach after the game interview said it was on him for the loss hated it for the kids and the fans. I didn't think in the scrimmage they looked prepared and tonight they didn't ever get untracked had several scoring opportunities to maybe score and didn't.

• Like 1

Congrats to Tilghman, I was impressed by them. I mean no disrespect by this but I believe a lot of people around the McCracken program and community think they are on a level that they just aren’t on. They are a solid program, they are well coached. But they are not a contender at all in the 6a landscape. I don’t think they are in the top tier of 5a schools either. They have a chance to prove vs BG and south warren. I hope they can prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

Graves next week is easily winnable, then they have a chance to get the monkey off there back with Mayfield. After that, the sledding gets tougher with South Warren and Henderson County.

Graves ain’t a pushover I wouldn’t go counting this in the win column yet.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

I think McCracken could have a long season  nothing against PT but a 6A team can’t lose to a 3A team and expect to be good. Especially with the schedule they play they could have a losing season. Have they had a losing season since they opened?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I think McCracken could have a long season  nothing against PT but a 6A team can’t lose to a 3A team and expect to be good. Especially with the schedule they play they could have a losing season. Have they had a losing season since they opened?

They've never had a losing season. Been pretty solid since they opened. I think 7-5 is the worst record they've had so far. 

• Thanks 1