Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer
-
Weather issues and schedule changes
Im hearing now that very strong winds are expected as well. The high octane passing teams may be really effected. I think a lot of the hosting teams should have been proactive in moving games to Saturday. Im afraid most teams are going to be reactive and make opponents travel a far way for long delays and nasty conditions only to postpone after they have travelled.
-
Bowling Green at Greenwood Predictions/Updates
Dont see Greenwood winning this game. This game can be held closer than it has in the past perhaps. BG pulls away late. Bowling Green - 27 Greenwood - 13
-
Weather issues and schedule changes
There are a few schools that might be having homecoming this week. I would defintley consider postponing until Saturday if that was the case.
-
Weather issues and schedule changes
Wonder if anyone will postpone until Saturday. Forecast looks great for the weekend.
-
Corbin or Boyle?
I will always take Boyle until someone proves otherwise. Corbin has the talent though.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 1A Rankings 10/11
I agree about Russellville, can’t wait to see how they play against Logan. I would love to be at Rhea for that one.
-
Which 5A team has the best chance to beat Frederick Douglass?
Talent has never been FD’s problem. They have had the most talent every year since they have been in 5A. The problem is playing sound football all the way through the playoffs. FD should be the favorite, but I still think South Warren will beat them. It might not be fair to FD but Male would boat race them IMO.
-
Playoff Question
Someone please refresh my memory on the 3rd round of the playoffs (regional championship). Is that an RPI based matchup? I can't remember if that is neighboring district matchup, split state, or 1 through 8 seeded state wide.
-
Owensboro at Graves County Predictions/Updates
Im interested to see how each team is effected by bye weeks and lack of competition for several weeks. Neither has had a four quarter ball game in a long time. I expect both teams to start a little slow. Graves will have to deal with Owensboro's speed and the red devils will have to deal with physicality and a balanced attack. I just have a feeling its Graves' year! Graves Co. - 34 Owensboro-28
-
Hopkins County Central 30 Calloway County 29
Does HCC have a shot against Madisonville NH?
-
RPI Tracking 2A
To me it seems the best strategy for RPI among smaller schools who are decent is to schedule as many 5A and 6A cupcakes as possible. And they are out there especially in the western part of the state.
-
RPI Tracking 2A
Very! Someone has to explain why Butler County is so high, as well as Hancock and McLean. I mean, come on now! Surely it will all get balanced out by end of year. I know your top 3 is clear, but huge problems below that. do you get more credit for beating a horrible team that is several classes larger than you than for beating a good school of the same size?
-
South Warren 41 McCracken County 0
I think he returned, played 1 game and quit. Maybe he was unhappy with his role or saw what was coming. I think the supplemental year was a mistake.
-
Hopkins County Central 30 Calloway County 29
Sounds like a wild game. Unfortunately Calloway might not win another game!
-
Paducah Tilghman 28 Henry County (TN) 14
Huge congratulations to PT! Im glad they proved me wrong. Way to represent west KY. Blows my mind how much HC is under performing.
-
Henry County (TN) at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I am surprised by Henry County’s record though they have played some tough teams. They have a tackle that has multiple SEC offers, a division 1 rb and Kentucky has offered their qb. Yet offense seems to be their problem. I do think the pats win here. Henry County - 27 Tilghman - 14
-
Is 5A the most fun class?
I think you have seen 5A become the most competitive and entertaining class over the last few years. I think it has the most depth and the widest range of teams that could potentially win championships on a regular basis. Yearly top contenders: Covington Catholic, Bowling Green, South Warren, Frederick Douglass, Scott County, Highlands, Owensboro. Occasional contenders: Southwestern, Pulaski County, Great Crossing, Woodford County, Collins, Cooper, Graves County, Christian County. I think no other class has that quality depth.
-
McCracken County at South Warren Predictions/Updates
Yikes is about my only take!
-
Paducah Tilghman 49 Trigg County 18
Yes, Henry County has 3 d1 players on their roster. PT has a pretty tough schedule.
-
Mayfield 35 Caldwell County 16
The most points Caldwell has scored this year was 25 against Madisonville and they are pretty darn bad. The most Mayfield gave up was 28 against PT, and I think that was an outlier game. PT also has a lot of athletes and a good qb.
-
Mayfield 35 Caldwell County 16
I’m basing that off the fact that Caldwell has yet to score 30 or more points this year, Mayfield has yet to give up 30 or more points this year in a single game, and Mayfield is by far the best team Caldwell has played this year. I don’t think that is a reach what so ever.
-
South Warren 36 Bowling Green 7
Agreed!
-
Mayfield 35 Caldwell County 16
Caldwell is not a score 30+ kind of team this year. Mayfield certainly wasn’t giving up 30 on them.
-
Daviess County 51 McCracken County 20
I agree @Joe Tracy. What surprises me most is I thought McCracken would be pretty good this year. Not that they can’t have a down year every now and then. Seems like they brought a lot back from last year. Did whatever happened with Bradley break them?
-
South Warren 36 Bowling Green 7
Greenwood might have their best chance to beat BG in a very long time! Some BG folks will have to give me some history there. Has Greenwood ever beat BG and if so, when was the last time?