Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud_Kilmer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer

  1. The talented class with this Murray team is the sophomore group. The rest are just very average I think. The Sr. qb has done a heck of a job though with the offense. Coach Bowling definitley didnt just stumble into a 38 game win streak and 4 state championships without knowing how to win some football games. Someone told me the other day that his weight program is really what sets him apart. Ive always thought Murray may have lacked in that area.
  2. Probably ball control, physicality and getting over the mental barrier are the main links. Its interesting to me that the two wins came from two different coaches with very different styles. Murray also lost a ton of talent from last year. I think they have less than thirty on the team this year.
  3. Does anybody know who will end up with the higher RPI between Murray and Caldwell assuming both win? I would think it could already be calculated somehow. I know Murray has a lead but it plays a 1A team with a low RPI and Caldwell plays a 3A team with a so-so RPI.
  4. I take the Rebels until someone proves me wrong. FD is more than capable of doing it but they have to prove it to me.
  5. Not even saying that Mayfield wouldnt be a favorite if they had a Murray rematch, they would. Murray will even have to beat Caldwell just to get to that point. But i'll say this: Murray has played Mayfield down to the absoulte wire three times in a row including multiple overtimes. Mayfield could have won all three of those games as well as Murray. Considering 2 of Murray's wins happened at War Memorial, their offense is suited greatly for playoff weather football, I see no reason why we wouldnt have another game come down to the wire again. Listening to some Mayfield radio and streams of the game was absolute comedic gold!
  6. I think this will be a great game. Might make the trip for this one. I give the Tigers a slight edge. Hopkinsville - 24 Tilghman - 21
  7. Murray is settling into their new offensive and defensive systems. They have steadily improved, especially on defense. Their defensive effort against Mayfield is what impressed me the most. They had several stops. The way they play, I think they’ll have a shot to beat just about anybody including Mayfield again.
  8. Great player, very impressed with him. Where does his recruitment stand. Seems like it has been pretty quite. Does anyone have any scoop?
  9. Yes, it’s looking like Danville did it in 01 and 03.
  10. Do any historians know the last time a team has won two in a row a War Memorial? I’m guessing maybe Tilghman, but that may have been a long time ago.
  11. Very impressed with Sokolowski from Murray. I think he is now 5-2 vs Caldwell and Mayfield. Not a bad resume. Playoffs gonna be fun!
  12. Definitely cant claim that Murray snuck up on Mayfield in this one! I think a lot of folks in red came out to see a butt whoopin and we’re shocked. Last year was a surprise and this year was a shock. Murray seems to be down on numbers and quite honestly talent, especially compared to last year. But as I said when they hired Bowling, the flexbone is a great system that designed to beat teams better than you and designed for playoff football. Murray didn’t throw one pass tonight. They hit 2 passing td’s on Caldwell last week and I think could’ve tonight if they tried at some point. You may be seeing any and all intimidation with Murray and Mayfield going away. We may be looking a real rivalry brewing once Bowling fully establishes his system and culture. I would imagine the Murray boys have a lot more belief after tonight.
  13. WKY top stadiums: 1. Rash 2. Rhea 3. CFSB War Memorial 4. Stadium of Champions 5. Marquette 6. Ty Holland 7. Tilghman 8. Muhlenberg 9. Eagle (Graves) 10. Marshall
  14. You may be right, I dont know much about that UC team. I know Mayfield was really, really good that year. But Murray has its hands full Friday to say the very least.
  15. Not that it means anything but Union City played Mayfield in 2018 and Mayfield won 43-27 and pulled away in the 4th quarter. Not necessarily what im expecting here, But Coach Bowling had more succeess the second time he played Mayfield.
  16. Itll be a running clock in the first half.
  17. Murray was definitley hit hard by graduation. They still have some play makers, but Mayfield's team speed will give them problems. Its going to take some time for Murray's new coach to establish his system to be fully effective. I agree that Murray will have to find some sort of balance to have any success. It is extremley difficult to generate big plays against Mayfield but that is the only hope. Murray has played a little better on defense but that is what concerns against Mayfield more than anything.
  18. Are we looking at a true 5A contender here. Could they beat FD?
  19. Fulton County and Crittenden County moved to Saturday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.