Bowling Green 14 McCracken County 10

theguru

7 minutes ago, BillNye said:

From watching online, I think it’s important to add that was as poorly officiated final quarter I’ve seen in a while. 

Maybe I’m the only one. 

What happened, from reading online I don't think you are the only one thinking that?

Not a BG fan obviously, but some observations. 

The defense is still great, really dominated the McCracken Offense all day. 

The offense wasn't great, but in my opinion wasn't hopeless, especially towards the end of the game BG may have found something on the ground. The offense doesn't need to be spectacular, it just needs to be passable with the way the defense is able to control games. 

• Like 1

So many things you can say about this game.

Sloppy, poor execution, poor play calling, tried to make substitution needed but only stayed with it for 2 plays, coaching staff get costly penalty vs.

Resilient, didn't quit, actually made plays in the 4th quarter this week, critical win for confidence purposes, still can put the right guy in, trending upward although not skyrocketing.

Onward, Go Purples!

And congratulations to McCracken County, they came into this game having given up 35 points to their 3A rival on their home field and played with great effort and determination and had a great game plan, but ran out of luck in the 4th quarter.  Best of luck the rest of the way MC!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

So many things you can say about this game.

Sloppy, poor execution, poor play calling, tried to make substitution needed but only stayed with it for 2 plays, coaching staff get costly penalty vs.

Resilient, didn't quit, actually made plays in the 4th quarter this week, critical win for confidence purposes, still can put the right guy in, trending upward although not skyrocketing.

Onward, Go Purples!

And congratulations to McCracken County, they came into this game having given up 35 points to their 3A rival on their home field and played with great effort and determination and had a great game plan, but ran out of luck in the 4th quarter.  Best of luck the rest of the way MC!

The strength of the McCracken defense is the front 7, and BG largely did not challenge the secondary, which is where the McCracken defense really had trouble last week. 

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

What happened, from reading online I don't think you are the only one thinking that?

The most glaring thing for me, was they lost track of downs multiple times in key sequences of the game. 

Throw in numerous stoppages, where the entirety of the crew came in for conferencing on simple solution things that were obvious to the casual fan. In short it caused the game to never find a real rhythm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BillNye said:

The most glaring thing for me, was they lost track of downs multiple times in key sequences of the game. 

Throw in numerous stoppages, where the entirety of the crew came in for conferencing on simple solution things that were obvious to the casual fan. In short it caused the game to never find a real rhythm.

There is no excuse for that.  Hopefully they gained a lot of experience tonight.

Sounds like McCracken game and PT-Graves have some people questioning the refs. If it is anything like basketball this past spring and summer they are working new faces into crews and are still a little short handed. 

Hopefully it all gets worked out. It's great to have football on Fridays in August again! 

• Like 1