Graves County 49 McCracken County 16

R1 sports fan

Saw this coming from McCracken. The program has been losing numbers over the past few years. Had some pieces come back this year but after this senior class graduates there are even smaller classes coming up behind them. 

Not sure what the answer is but I think reality is probably setting in for Mustangs fan tonight which will probably be followed by a "whats up Mustangs?"  thread at some point soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

I agree we need to discuss what is going on in Paducah.

Many kids left McCracken to go to Paducah a few years back in the middle school program. Think it revolves around someone with some money who didn’t get their way and took his kid and spring traveling team he was funding to Paducah.

If you connect the dots it’s not too hard to figure out who. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

Many kids left McCracken to go to Paducah a few years back in the middle school program. Think it revolves around someone with some money who didn’t get their way and took his kid and spring traveling team he was funding to Paducah.

If you connect the dots it’s not too hard to figure out who. 

Yes this is absolutely true, there is more to it then that unfortunately. Many things have transpired that have lead to the downfall of the Mustang program.

I feel like we should be talking a little bit more about how good Graves County looked. McCracken is a team the just played Bowling Green to a 14-10 game and Graves County just put up 49 points on them and made it look easy. Graves defense showed up along with their offense and when both sides of the ball are clicking they are a very good football team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I feel like we should be talking a little bit more about how good Graves County looked. McCracken is a team the just played Bowling Green to a 14-10 game and Graves County just put up 49 points on them and made it look easy. Graves defense showed up along with their offense and when both sides of the ball are clicking they are a very good football team. 

I mean this as no slight to Graves, they looked great not only this game but last week against PT as well, but, this game I think says more about how far McCracken has fallen. 

Graves had some hiccups week 1 versus Mayfield. Turnovers and Special Teams is why they lost and why they almost lost to Paducah. I have said all year this is the most athletic team we have had since maybe 2014. Our offense is equally balanced and the sophomore QB does a fine job and is getting better every game. The radio said after the game he was like 17-21 with 250 yards. This was the first game all season our opponent didn’t start every drive across or near the 50.

R1 is right though, McCracken gave up after we went up three scores. They just laid down. Things aren’t looking too good next week either as they play Mayfield. Looking at their schedule it’s going to be a long year for the Mustangs. I also think it says something about Bowling Green. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

Graves had some hiccups week 1 versus Mayfield. Turnovers and Special Teams is why they lost and why they almost lost to Paducah. I have said all year this is the most athletic team we have had since maybe 2014. Our offense is equally balanced and the sophomore QB does a fine job and is getting better every game. The radio said after the game he was like 17-21 with 250 yards. This was the first game all season our opponent didn’t start every drive across or near the 50.

R1 is right though, McCracken gave up after we went up three scores. They just laid down. Things aren’t looking too good next week either as they play Mayfield. Looking at their schedule it’s going to be a long year for the Mustangs. I also think it says something about Bowling Green. 

Both things are correct, Graves looks like it has its best team in a while, and McCracken has systemic issues beyond just how they played on Friday night. As for the comments about Bowling Green, this isn’t the same caliber of Bowling Green team as we are used to over the last decade. This past Friday BG snuck past PRP 7-0, which is telling about where BG is at this year. 

• Like 1