Everything posted by Mr. Neutral
-
Murray names Dior Curtis head boys basketball coach
With Dior coming back they won't drop off any. They will also be back in the class A tournament if I'm not mistaken. Their enrollment dropped them from 2A to 1A.
-
1st Region Offseason Discussion (2026-2027)
I also don't think he will either. I was told he thought about it but has since decided to stay. Hopefully with the exposure he gets in AAU will keep him home.
-
Open Job: Owensboro
Disagree with that statement. As Sweet16 said he wears his welcome out fairly quickly. Not a fan at all.
-
1st Region: Week 11
Randon Cavette was Ty's dad I believe. He graduated around 2005 and was on the Graves team that lost to Jtown in the Semifinals the year Jtown won it all. If my memory serves me correctly. Very good player!
-
1st Region: Week 2
Agree. Their next 2 games will show alot.
-
1st Region: Week 2
I would swap Muray to tier 2 and Calloway to tier 3. Also when PT figures things out they will move to the top of tier 3 and be knocking on the tier 2 door.
-
2025 WGM Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic
Actually the YouTube video bracket says different. Marshall is on one side and McCracken and Lyon are on the other side.
-
1st Region Boys Basketball Preview
The district will be really tough. One of those 3 with McCracken, Tilghman and St. Mary will be sitting at home come regional tournament. I know the districts was at St. Mary last year but look for wherever to be packed for that elimination game between the 3.
-
KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
Agree and how do you think that's going to go when theirs a judgment call on whether to reset the clock or not and it affects the game either way. Having a coach keep the shot clock is a bad idea all the way around.
-
KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
Most schools I know don't pay the clock operators or book keepers so it's going to be hard to justify paying the shot clock operator.
-
KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
There are so many questions to be answered with this new addition. You are talking about a whole new set of rules that will be added bc of this. I'm afraid the shortage of officials we have now will only get worse. The age of officials across the US are already at a high age and now you ask them to learn this whole new set of rules and cases. I'd be surprised if alot of those officials don't call it quits when this rolls out in a couple years. And people are asking about using JV officials well they are trying to learn just the basic rules and survive much less throwing them into a varsity game asking them to know when the clock resets or when it doesn't. They obviously haven't thought all this through. It will work out but why change a good thing for only a few games that are played with "using stall ball". I wonder if they even looked at the games possessions per game and seen if a shot or turnover or change of possession period was caused after 35 seconds. I would say most possessions end before 35 seconds. Again it will all work out but I am not for it.
-
13th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Where was he before he returned back to KC?
-
Mayfield 40 Graves County 7
Grey looked really good. He has some size and his arm is a lot stronger. The defense looked really sharp. I feel like this might be one of those years.
-
Graves County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I was told from my nephew that mayfields qb has been practicing and he’s supposed to be cleared to play by Friday. He said he looks really good in practice.
-
Graves County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I expect this game to fairly close. I think Houston finally has his chance to show he can be serviceable qb. As long as mayfield’s defense doesn’t give up big plays like last year, they should win this game.
-
Open Job: Graves County
My question to Overstreet would be how many more years do you plan to coach. If its only a couple more years do you go with him or try the unproven assistant(Kimbler) because if he doesn't work out you're changing coaches in a couple years no matter. Hindsight is always 20/20. You know what you're getting with Overstreet with him being a head coach before. You kinda know what you're getting with Kimbler because he's help run alot of the program these last couple head coaches.
-
Open Job: Graves County
His fiancee lives in Evansville and is leaving to move there. Look for the hire to be within as his assistant Matt Kimbler was a finalist for the job the last time it was open. I would also look for them to kick the tires with Greg Overstreet(former Paducah Tilghman head coach) to get a call as well. Both will be great choices to be the next head coach.
-
2024-25 High School Basketball Rules Changes
That is correct.
-
All “A” Classic Basketball State Tournament moving to the Owensboro Sportscenter
I've heard since EKU joined the ASUN they have no say in when games are played there. So when EKU use to leave a week open for the All A they're no longer able to because they have no say when home games are scheduled. So I don't know if the All A will ever be played there again. Someone more in the know than me will know if this is true or not.
-
2024 Western Kentucky Preseason Power Rankings
Great write up! Definitely have to agree with you on Mayfield. The Qb position is the biggest question mark I have. Both quarterbacks seem to lack confidence in the passing game. After the scrimmage against Owensboro yesterday, I’m still unsure on who should be the qb going forward. The weapons are there for Mayfield but you still have to figure out who is the more competent qb. I liked #11 because of his quicker decision making. #2 seems like he has a higher ceiling but he just doesn’t make quick decisions in the passing game. The beginning of the season will probably look a little ugly but I can see everything clicking towards the end of the season.
-
3rd Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
What's going on at Edmonson Co.? Josh Decker transfers out then Wyatt Gravil and now Carter Hodges. Something is going on.
-
Open Job: Murray
Murray is losing a first class coach both on the court and off. He will be missed dearly.
-
Mayfield vs. Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
I don’t want to be disrespectful but I think beechwood is better
-
Boone County 82 Highlands 60
Anyone have a summary on how this game went? Does Highlands still have guys coming back from football or is Boone just that good?
-
Mayfield vs. Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
Hold on, jack James is better than atwell. I’ve had to the privilege of training with Jack and Ian Williams. Jack is legit as strong as Ian. He’s fast as crap. If y’all don’t see these kids in the offseason… you won’t understand. Literally, after the may/pt game watch them train together that next morning. They went toe for toe and jack hung in there with Ian.