Trouble at McCracken County

• theguru changed the title to Trouble at McCracken County

Coach Clark has been a winner every year he has been there. The fans should expect to win. I am sure he does. Do they want to get rid of a coach who has been a consistent winner because heĀ has a losing season after 5 years of winning? They are competitive. They are falling short of getting wins. I don't know the make up of the roster. I am just looking at the schedule and record and I would not be looking to get rid of a winning coach.Ā 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Coach Clark has been a winner every year he has been there. The fans should expect to win. I am sure he does. Do they want to get rid of a coach who has been a consistent winner because heĀ has a losing season after 5 years of winning? They are competitive. They are falling short of getting wins. I don't know the make up of the roster. I am just looking at the schedule and record and I would not be looking to get rid of a winning coach.Ā 

This is early the worst team Coach Clark has had, and the biggest problem is he just doesnā€™t have enough kids playing football.Ā The roster size has shrunk each year he has been there.Ā 

About 40 or soĀ kids (athletes)Ā left McCracken to go to PaducahĀ overĀ the last three to four years. McCracken didnā€™t hire someone, someone else with money got mad, took kid and almost theĀ wholeĀ neighborhood to PT. Those of us in the area arenā€™t surprise by this at all. It was only a matter of time until the talent pool dried up.Ā Not Coach Clarkā€™s fault IMO.Ā 

5 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

About 40 or soĀ kids (athletes)Ā left McCracken to go to PaducahĀ overĀ the last three to four years. McCracken didnā€™t hire someone, someone else with money got mad, took kid and almost theĀ wholeĀ neighborhood to PT. Those of us in the area arenā€™t surprise by this at all. It was only a matter of time until the talent pool dried up.Ā Not Coach Clarkā€™s fault IMO.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure the number but this did happen, it has decimated the McCracken middle school program, and will hurt the variety program for the next 4 years most likely.

1 minute ago, R1 sports fan said:

Iā€™m not sure the number but this did happen, it has decimated the McCracken middle school program, and will hurt the variety program for the next 4 years most likely.

Reminds me why Iā€™m glad I left that area. Seems like that kind of stuff was always happening when it was Lone Oak, Reidland and Heath as well. Not to mention how easy it was for someone to jump ship to St Maryā€™s for basketball or baseball.