Trouble at McCracken County

18 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

6th year.

Year one was 2016 - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. That's five. This year 2021 makes it his 6th year.

Itā€™s 5,Ā year one was 2017. I remember his first game was the 21-20 win over PT with the fumbled snap in overtime. 2016 was the last year of Shawn Jackson, who was there for the 2015 and 2016 seasons. I see the confusion, in Ky scoreboard it has 2016 as his first year, which in incorrect.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Itā€™s 5,Ā year one was 2017. I remember his first game was the 21-20 win over PT with the fumbled snap in overtime. 2016 was the last year of Shawn Jackson, who was there for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

I was pulling my information from KHSAA.org scoreboard. They list Clark as the head coach in 2016. After your post aboveĀ I googled it and found an article from Feb. 2017 about Clark being named the coach. Based on that I would say you are right and the KHSAA scoreboard is wrong.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:12 AM, Joe Tracy said:

In the old days before McCracken county even had football Augusta Tilghman High School now Paducah Tilghman had 3 Junior High Schools all with football teams. They fed Tilghman 80-100 sophomore players every year that had a lot of game experience. The population of Paducah started dropping and eventually they consolidated to one middle school in Paducah and then Tilghman became a 9-12 Highschool. The county schools started football programs and Heath was the only one to ever win a state Championship. Before McCracken County built the new McCracken High School, Lone Oak had Jack Haskin led teams made the State Championship 2 times but lost both times. McCracken County has the fan base, facilities and the resourcesĀ  to win but still have not had a steady stream of more than 3-4 outstanding Football players. Lots of good players but not D1 talent like Louisville, Lexington etc. Trying to bring 3 middle schools together every day to practice has to be a night mare, so I agree that has hurt County football. I am a football fan and I root for Tilghman and McCracken County. Things will get better in time for both schools I hope in Football.

This is a excellent post.Ā 

• Like 1