Mason County 60 Augusta 54

Per Evan Dennison -

Royals bounce back win, with Alex Schalch 15 pts and Xylon Frey 11 pts / 9 rebs on the night.

The Panthers were led by Kason Hinson's 19 pts and Preston Philpot's 13 pts / 7 rebs.

Mason Co. is now 9-7. District rival Augusta falls to 10-9.

I can tell you have never been there. LOL

I haven't but my grandmother was from Maysville. She always talked about the rivalry between them and Augusta, prior to Mason County High School being built. So I do know that it's small, but seems to be a special gymnasium.

But home court advantage is an advantage I would take advantage of. Particularly is the gym is so small that not many fans of the other team make it in. Unless it's a money issue for Augusta i don't really get why they don''t use that gym to their advantage.

I haven't but my grandmother was from Maysville. She always talked about the rivalry between them and Augusta, prior to Mason County High School being built. So I do know that it's small, but seems to be a special gymnasium.

But home court advantage is an advantage I would take advantage of. Particularly is the gym is so small that not many fans of the other team make it in. Unless it's a money issue for Augusta i don't really get why they don''t use that gym to their advantage.

It’s the first time Mason County had played at Augusta since 1970.

Whoever’s decision it was for the Royals to go to Augusta was a good decision on their part. Augusta has taken the District tournament to the Fieldhouse several times in the past. Would like to see this continue in the future. Great crowd and environment.