Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 60 Augusta 54

Featured Replies

Per Evan Dennison -

 

Royals bounce back win, with Alex Schalch 15 pts and Xylon Frey 11 pts / 9 rebs on the night.

 

The Panthers were led by Kason Hinson's 19 pts and Preston Philpot's 13 pts / 7 rebs.

 

Mason Co. is now 9-7. District rival Augusta falls to 10-9.

Little shocked by the final score. Royals struggle in the Panthers Den but find a way to win on the road.

Little shocked by the final score. Royals struggle in the Panthers Den but find a way to win on the road.

Emotional game against a fired up Augusta team playing at home. No real surprise about the score. Good win for Royals.

Emotional game against a fired up Augusta team playing at home. No real surprise about the score. Good win for Royals.

First home loss of the season for Augusta. First time hosting Mason County in half a century.

Mason County seems to be getting things together at the right time. The other teams in the 10th need to take notice or I could see the Royals getting an upset or two in the regional tournament.

First home loss of the season for Augusta. First time hosting Mason County in half a century.

 

Wow, any reason Augusta doesn't take advantage of playing Mason County on their home floor?

Wow, any reason Augusta doesn't take advantage of playing Mason County on their home floor?

 

I can tell you have never been there. LOL

I can tell you have never been there. LOL

 

I haven't but my grandmother was from Maysville. She always talked about the rivalry between them and Augusta, prior to Mason County High School being built. So I do know that it's small, but seems to be a special gymnasium.

 

But home court advantage is an advantage I would take advantage of. Particularly is the gym is so small that not many fans of the other team make it in. Unless it's a money issue for Augusta i don't really get why they don''t use that gym to their advantage.

I haven't but my grandmother was from Maysville. She always talked about the rivalry between them and Augusta, prior to Mason County High School being built. So I do know that it's small, but seems to be a special gymnasium.

 

But home court advantage is an advantage I would take advantage of. Particularly is the gym is so small that not many fans of the other team make it in. Unless it's a money issue for Augusta i don't really get why they don''t use that gym to their advantage.

 

It’s the first time Mason County had played at Augusta since 1970.

It’s the first time Mason County had played at Augusta since 1970.

 

For those of us outside of the area and the rivalry, why is this?

For those of us outside of the area and the rivalry, why is this?

 

I don't believe Mason County has been interested in coming to Augusta in the past, but I could be wrong. Coach Kirk probably had a lot to do with it.

Whoever’s decision it was for the Royals to go to Augusta was a good decision on their part. Augusta has taken the District tournament to the Fieldhouse several times in the past. Would like to see this continue in the future. Great crowd and environment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.