Covington Catholic at Cooper Predictions/Updates

The best rivalry in the 9th over the last many years happens again tonight out in Union.

Obviously Sully doesn't have the type of roster he has had in many of the other games, but I know his kids will defend, they won't give an inch, and they'll be clocked in from tip to horn.

My guess, when the dust settles, CovCath wins by about 15.

Others?

Hmmm?

I have no doubts whatsoever that CovCath wins this one, but I'm really interested in seeing just how much an effect the Jags' defense could have on keeping it respectable.

Will they really be able to slow the Colonels down?

Yeah, maybe in the early going, but I just think that all said and done the Colonels will just be too big of a task for them, and by the 3rd quarter the gap will widen significantly with the Colonels ultimately winning by 20.

Hmmm?

I have no doubts whatsoever that CovCath wins this one, but I'm really interested in seeing just how much an effect the Jags' defense could have on keeping it respectable.

Will they really be able to slow the Colonels down?

Yeah, maybe in the early going, but I just think that all said and done the Colonels will just be too big of a task for them, and by the 3rd quarter the gap will widen significantly with the Colonels ultimately winning by 20.

Jags don't have enough weapons to beat them even with an outstanding coach and staff and kids who play hard.

CCH up by 20 now. I have no explanation for the slow starts.

I've always believed that a reason for a more talented team's slow start is that as the game progresses coaching leaves and the talent takes over.

I've always believed that a reason for a more talented team's slow start is that as the game progresses coaching leaves and the talent takes over.

I agree-they certainly have the talent...it went from 5-13 in about 90 seconds starting the 2nd Half on a couple of Stocks 3's and a layup. They coasted from there.