20 of 42 from the field

9 of 18 from the free throw line

15 assists

14 defensive rebounds

9 offensive rebounds

13 turnovers

5 steals

1 blocked shot

Great game! Free throws hurt Paris and Ashfords injury in the second quarter was costly

Announcer said he was back on the bench but didn't go back into game. Any update on him?

What a slow start By GRC, Only 4 points in the 1st Q. We could not throw it in the ocean. Then came back and scored 20 points in the 2nd Q. GRC won this by hitting their FT down the stretch 16-21 from the line for the game. I also liked our defense and getting 8 steals. We need to cut down on our turnovers.

Great game by JJ Johnson of GRC tonight. He comes off the bench and plays his role so well. Not a big scorer , not his role, he does a lot of the things that don't show up in the score book, and brings such energy to the team.

GRC improves to 11-3

Announcer said he was back on the bench but didn't go back into game. Any update on him?

Not too sure. He came back out on crutches and looked troubled trying to sit down. Thank for the updates!! Not sure if I would’ve been able to give them besides in between quarters

Team stats:

GRC

20 of 38 from the field

16 of 21 from the free throw line.

16 assists

18 defensive rebounds

8 offensive rebounds

16 turnovers

8 steals

2 blocked shots

Paris

20 of 42 from the field

9 of 18 from the free throw line

15 assists

14 defensive rebounds

9 offensive rebounds

13 turnovers

5 steals

1 blocked shot

GCR

GCR is really hard to get a read on. This is a veteran team, but in the first quarter they were at a complete lost dealing with the Paris press. Had the size advantage at every position, yet rebounds are about equal, continue the foolish turnovers. Should be putting average teams away early and not having average teams take them to the final horn, just my take.

GCR

GCR is really hard to get a read on. This is a veteran team, but in the first quarter they were at a complete lost dealing with the Paris press. Had the size advantage at every position, yet rebounds are about equal, continue the foolish turnovers. Should be putting average teams away early and not having average teams take them to the final horn, just my take.

It is a process, we have played games, all 4 quarters, then revert back to having turnovers and a bad quarter. Most other teams experience the same thing. Still have 2 months of regular season to work on things. The thing about GRC is they still find a way to win. May be ugly but a win is a win. We are 11-3. At this stage of the season with our sschedule I will take it.

We will be fine come tourney time.

What happened to Ashford?

Drove to the basket late in the 2nd Quarter and was called for a charging foul. Landed awkwardly and the game had to be stopped for about 5 minutes while the trainer checked on him. He was helped off the floor by an assistant coach and the trainer. He returned to the bench in the 2nd half with ice on his knee. Not sure of much more then that.

My take on this game is simple ... had Ashford stayed in the game, Clark wouldn't have won the game! Just my take ... In addition, it's still hard to believe that Paris, after losing seven seniors from last season's squad and five the previous year before that is still challenging a season GRC team! Losing 12 seniors :eek: over two years is tough for any team but certainly a class A school. Over the past two years, only Eric Johnson and Ashford, played significant minutes for Paris.

Paris

Eric Johnson, 20

Taleigh Adams, 11

Jalen Byars, 6

Jamaun Clark, 5

Aaron Maggard, 5

Travis Strings, 3

Marcus Ashford, 2

GRC

Wil Philpot, 20

Brennan Canada, 16 ... hit some big threes in the second half

Jordan Graham, 8