Favorite Metallica Songs

Hangman

The instrumental thread from a couple of weeks ago had me thinking about this one, but I forgot about it until I saw the Van Halen thread.

There are so many possibilities, but I'll do my personal top ten:

10. Harvester of Sorrow

9. Enter Sandman

8. Motorbreath

7. Unforgiven

6. For Whom the Bell Tolls

5. Nothing Else Matters

4. Master of Puppets

3. Fade to Black

2. Creeping Death

1. One

6-10 can change at the drop of a dime, but 1-5 have been set for as long as I can remember.

"All Nightmare Long" is the only song they released since 2000 with a chance at the top 10, but that's not to say I don't like a lot of the others as well.

I'll have to think a little to produce a Top 10, but Master Of Puppets is definitely #1 on my list. I think it is their best song and their best album.
:thumb:Probably my favorite Album although Welcome Home is probably my favorite song with Master of Puppets at #2.

1. Welcome Home

2. Master of Puppets

3. Fade to Black (maybe)

from here on it's pretty much anything prior to the Metallica album. I liked alot of the Songs on Metallica alright but it seems like to be this is when their sound started changing.

As much as I have lost respect for Metallica you cannot deny their initial stuff. Anything pre Black Album is metal gold.

Some personal favs,

Seek and Destroy

Am I Evil

Harvestor Of Sorrow

Master of Puppets

Sanitarium

One

In any order...

The Frayed Ends of Sanity

Eye of the Beholder

Blackened

And Justice For All

The Four Horsemen

Creeping Death

Fight Fire with Fire

Ride the Lightning

Battery

Master of Puppets

The thing that should not be

Leper Messiah

Orion

The God that failed

My friend of Misery

Holier than thou

Through the never

Of Wolf and Man

Until it sleeps

King Nothing

Bleeding me

Ronnie

The Outlaw Torn

The House Jack Built

The Unnamed Feeling

That was just your life

Broken, Beat & Scarred

Cyanide

I know I picked more than 10.So this a my list of Metallica songs I can listen to and get the same energy every time.

And yes I could handle never hearing enter sandman again including Sweet Home Alabama and Stairway to Heaven!

I think Metallica is a great example To Each His Own. Some people love it all. Some people love everything "pre Black Albumn". Some love the Black Albumn more than any. Some including me love the Black albumn and the stuff before but nothing after other than maybe a song or two. They are music icons that's for sure. Everytime I here One I think back to my buddies and me in middle schol taping Night Tracks or Friday Night Videos to catch that video. We were in awe of Metallica then.

Yea I also love the Black Album.The Problem I have with it is the Music videos from the album.I waited for two years for that album to come out.I have to say I was disappointed when I watched the Enter Sandman video preview that was aired the night before the release of the album.I did like Sad but true,Where ever I may roam,Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven.But After a while those songs became overkill.IMO what makes so many old school Metallica fans dislike the black album is not the music but the videos that got blown up in your face every 15 minutes.My favorite songs on that album had no videos made and are on my list.I have it on vinyl and I must say it is one of the best sounding albums I have ever listen too.

Some ones I like a lot that aren't usually on the beaten path are:

Prince Charming

Hero of the Day

God That Failed

Until It Sleeps

Sad but True

Of Wolf and Man

No Leaf Clover

Probably my favorite is Wherever I May Roam. Can't hear that song and not think of playing laser tag. They used to blast the Black Album over and over. Most of the big time songs I love, like Unforgiven and Unforgiven II, etc. I used to like Enter Sandman, but now I really have to temper hearing it. For Whom the Bell Tolls is what we open a lot of our highlight films with.

Love Metallica, but they have been almost painful to hear in the last decade.