George Rogers Clark / Montgomery County 3/5 predictions

Who will go to state?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will go to state?

GRC has been consistent this season upon shutting the top scorers of Montgomery down. If Colliver, Rogers and Spence can have a breakout game then we will see a victory for Montgomery. Being optimistic I am going to predict Montgomery by 3.

Beating a team three times in the same season is tough enough ... but four times? That's what Clark needs to do if they are to defend their title ... beat Montgomery County for a fourth time. I'm not going to pick a winner here because I think it will be too close to call. I just hope a good turnout of fans show up for both teams! Very dissapointed at the show of support for both schools in the opening round and semifinals. Maybe, I guess when you win as much as Montgomery and Clark does ... it doesn't mean as much! I'm just saying!!!!

Beating a team three times in the same season is tough enough ... but four times? That's what Clark needs to do if they are to defend their title ... beat Montgomery County for a fourth time. I'm not going to pick a winner here because I think it will be too close to call. I just hope a good turnout of fans show up for both teams! Very dissapointed at the show of support for both schools in the opening round and semifinals. Maybe, I guess when you win as much as Montgomery and Clark does ... it doesn't mean as much! I'm just saying!!!!

Hopefully a lot of GRC fans will stop for this game on the way to the semis in Mason, assuming GRC boys win tonight and that will help the crowd. That is my plan but either way plan to get to this game.

Lady Cardinals set to defend title

It’s hard to beat a team three times in a season, but George Rogers Clark has already accomplished the feat against rival Montgomery County this season.

However, in order to earn a return trip to the Girls Sweet Sixteen, the Lady Cardinals will have to defeat the Lady Indians for a fourth time this season.

The two teams will meet for the 10th Region title at 2 p.m. today at Bourbon County High School.

Montgomery County won five straight titles before Clark ended the Lady Indians’ dominance with a 48-35 victory in the region finals a year ago at Fieldhouse in Maysville. Going into today’s contest, the Lady Cardinals have won six straight against their border rivals.

Clark coach Scott True hopes his team’s experience will be a factor in today’s contest.

“We’ve been there and done that sort to speak and hopefully, we’ll relax and play, and not have any nerves or anything like that,” he said. “We should be in good shape.”

True said a key for his team will be executing on defense, especially when scoring points is hard to come by.

“We have to play hard on the defensive end and get stops,” he said. “When we do that, we do some good things. (Against Pendleton County in the regional semifinals), we stopped scoring a little bit, but the problem was on the defensive end, we gave up 17 points in the second quarter. We can’t do that if we expect to win (today).”

“We just have to play defense and play as a team,” Clark senior Prisha Rogers added. “I’m just ready to play. I want to go back to (Bowling Green) before I graduate.”

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/ws-lady-cardinals-set-to-defend-title-20110305,0,1927926.story