LexCath 18 Boyle Co 14

patb63

Another heartbreaking loss for the Rebels.... Boyle may very well be the best 0-5 team in the state.

My biggest concern for Boyle is the effect that losing so many close games that they very well could have won, will play on their psyche? Entering Week 7 these young men will have entered without having won a game since the First Round of last year's playoffs.

Very close game tonight. Lex Cath came out strong and returned the opening kick off (winston guy). Boyle played a heck of a football game tonight with a lot of passion. All I know is that Boyle's backup QB is a real good athlete that can run very well. The story for Lex Cath was a lot, I mean a lot of penalties. Also to contribute Lex Cath coughed the ball up twice on Boyle Co's 3 yard line. Alot to learn for Lex Cath next week. Good luck to Boyle Co and we hope to see you all later.

If it wasn't for the defense tonight, Catholic would not have left Boyle County with the win. Time and time again the defense needed to make the big play and they came through - two safeties and obviously the special teams turned out to be huge in this one. I thought the opening kickoff return by Winston Guy was going to set the tone for the game, but the offense just couldn't get on track in the first half.

Penalties again killed the Knights - I believe that so far this year Catholic has been whistled for double digit infractions in each game - some are questionable calls, but most are not!

The upside on offense is that Shane Israel returned with about 10 to 12 carries and he looks like he hasn't missed a beat. This should open up the offense considerably in games to come (and Raglin and Nalia did great continuing to fill in). Offensive line play was also outstanding (minus the false starts) and they were really driving Boyle off the line of scrimmage. Truth is, Catholic could have probably run on Boyle all night long and abandoned the passing game entirely - very unusual for Catholic, but this is a different team compared to other Catholic teams in the past. And it's always important to protect the ball - three turnovers (two fumbles, one interception) deep into Boyle County territory kept Catholic from scoring three more Catholic touchdowns.

Though it looks like there is a lot of work to do on offense, it is probably considerably less now that Israel appears healthy. His presence will open up the passing game, and he is desperately needed to help develop a relatively young and inexperienced passing game.

Very close game tonight. Lex Cath came out strong and returned the opening kick off (winston guy). Boyle played a heck of a football game tonight with a lot of passion. All I know is that Boyle's backup QB is a real good athlete that can run very well. The story for Lex Cath was a lot, I mean a lot of penalties. Also to contribute Lex Cath coughed the ball up twice on Boyle Co's 3 yard line. Alot to learn for Lex Cath next week. Good luck to Boyle Co and we hope to see you all later.

From what I have heard this kid should have been the starter to begin with.

I think Boyle Co. is a very dangerous team, they have lost so many close games to tough teams and they are just liable to get on a hot streak and make a big run. I have seen this before, if you look back in the past Beechwood has had streaks like this and get it going and take the whole thing. Don't count the Rebs out just yet!

It's a given that Boyle will make a run for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs until they meet Catholic again. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the year when Boyle was picked as the team most likely to derail Catholic from the playoffs. On the other hand, Catholic has a tremendous upside if they can cut down on their penalties. Both teams enter into the easy part of their schedules now and will have a chance to fine tune their offenses. Both teams have played strong schedules to this point but will have to guard against losing their edge during the next few weeks. Good luck to both.

Another heartbreaking loss for the Rebels.... Boyle may very well be the best 0-5 team in the state.

My biggest concern for Boyle is the effect that losing so many close games that they very well could have won, will play on their psyche? Entering Week 7 these young men will have entered without having won a game since the First Round of last year's playoffs.

Your rebels and my GRC Cards may hold this same title and psyche.:D