Greenup County - The Fed's are on the way

Guest ANON

The Federal Office of Civil Rights will be at GC next week. The reason they are coming is to investigate the wrongful firing and retaliation of Coach Hicks. Let the chips fall where they may.

Hopefully, after their several days of investigation, they will undoubtedly get the truth from many. Although, I'm sure that the administration has been 'visiting' some of the "to be interviewed" people.

After the Fed's and the upcoming legal actions, I'm sure some heads will roll and money will cross the table.

It's unbelivable that the KHSAA brought sanctions against GC with nothing but the false allegations presented by the GC administration.

As I've said before, all this at the expense of the kids this year. If the sanctions/probation stand, then thank the administration for persuing their own agendas and not the interest of the district and kids.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Federal Office of Civil Rights will be at GC next week. The reason they are coming is to investigate the wrongful firing and retaliation of Coach Hicks. Let the chips fall where they may.

Hopefully, after their several days of investigation, they will undoubtedly get the truth from many. Although, I'm sure that the administration has been 'visiting' some of the "to be interviewed" people.

After the Fed's and the upcoming legal actions, I'm sure some heads will roll and money will cross the table.

It's unbelivable that the KHSAA brought sanctions against GC with nothing but the false allegations presented by the GC administration.

As I've said before, all this at the expense of the kids this year. If the sanctions/probation stand, then thank the administration for persuing their own agendas and not the interest of the district and kids.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showpost.php?p=2022220&postcount=42

Hate to toot my own horn, but I called this one a while back;)

I hope that the name of Greenup County High School is not tarnished for the sake of Coach Hicks. There is a LOT of people and students who will be affected by this. I hope for both parties' sake there is a way to bring a quick end to this without hurting the school or Coach Hicks. Whether there was illegal things going on or not (I think I know which), GCHS needs a fresh start. I would gain a lot of respect for Hicks if he would walk away in order to keep the GC name respectful. And if the Administration is found to have done wrong the same goes for them. This whole situation was handled very poorly from both sides.

I've beat this dead horse in the past, but his behavior in the gym is enough to garnish a firing for me. Kids should not to subjected to that kind of behavior or model. There are many other men who would be a great coach and role model for the kids. The school should have put a stop to it immediately and given him an ultimatum before other issues started to pop up.

"Said perimeter to extend downstream from Brookport to Mound City. Every bridge across the Ohio river from Gulconda to Metropolis to Carro needs to be closed down. Extending south from the Alexander and Poleski county lines have every house, hotel, hospital, backroad, and backwater searched for Mr. Mark J. Roberts."

- Deputy Sam Gerard

I'm curious scooterbob, how do you think this one will play out?

If, indeed, representatives of the federal civil rights group are coming to further investigate the situation at Greenup County, I think there is a much better chance that the truth will surface. That is why I posted that I thought the development was "excellent".

I strongly suspect that we have heard only bits and pieces of the facts of the matter and most of that has been from the eyes and mouth of the GC administration and its partisans.

I firmly believe that Coach Hicks has not remotely received due process and am pleased that he is represented by a very able attorney with vast experience in regard to civil rights/civil liberties issues.

I suspect that, in the end, both Coach Hicks and the GC administration will suffer. Many have posted negative remarks concerning Coach Hicks. In all fairness, I believe it should be pointed out that the GC leadership, both now and in the past, has never been seen by the education community or by the general public as being, shall we say, particularly competent. The whole system seems to be a model of the harm that can result from rampant politics.

Hopefully, a tough, independent group will get the real story. We certainly haven't heard it as of yet.

From its history with basketball coaches over the last ten or twenty years, I would wonder why anyone would want the job at GC.

Very, very, well stated. I hope this sheds light on all school systems across the state. My experience with school systems in Kentucky have been extremely political in nature. I cannot say the last time I have seen a school system ran by individuals who were there in the best interest of the kids. I have seen most ran by people concerned with their own agenda. Hopefully this will simmer down supers and school admins across the state.

Very, very, well stated. I hope this sheds light on all school systems across the state. My experience with school systems in Kentucky have been extremely political in nature. I cannot say the last time I have seen a school system ran by individuals who were there in the best interest of the kids. I have seen most ran by people concerned with their own agenda. Hopefully this will simmer down supers and school admins across the state.

There are some school systems that put the best interests of the kids first, but unfortunately there are several in my area that seem to put their own agendas first.

No school is perfect and each, have areas to improve. Let's not forget, that many more positive things happen at Greenup County and other schools, than negative.

Administrating, teaching, coaching and instructing young people, is often a tireless and thankless job, but critical in development. Hopefully, all can be reorganized and GCHS, can focus back on academics and athletics.

No school is perfect and each, have areas to improve. Let's not forget, that many more positive things happen at Greenup County and other schools, than negative.

Administrating, teaching, coaching and instructing young people, is often a tireless and thankless job, but critical in development. Hopefully, all can be reorganized and GCHS, can focus back on academics and athletics.

Well stated. I can remember taking a teaching job job at the long ago age of 22 and being told by my father that teaching was a "noble profession". I really didn't fully comprehend what he was saying at the time but, after many years in and around education and educators, I now understand the truth of his statement.

Well stated. I can remember taking a teaching job job at the long ago age of 22 and being told by my father that teaching was a "noble profession". I really didn't fully comprehend what he was saying at the time but, after many years in and around education and educators, I now understand the truth of his statement.
...:thumb: I told someone once, that teachers/educators, spend more time with our children, on a daily basis, than we do as parents.

They get home, dinner, homework, etc....time for bed. They get them, for 8-8.5hrs daily and often mold into young men/women, not just educational needs. I applaud anyone, whom has chosen the field.

I'm certain, many wonderful and dedicated people, are working for Greenup County and even those, can make mistakes. If you see any GCHS employee, tell them how much they are appreciated and thank them, for all they do.

My experience with school systems in Kentucky have been extremely political in nature. I cannot say the last time I have seen a school system ran by individuals who were there in the best interest of the kids. I have seen most ran by people concerned with their own agenda.

I hate the word political. I think it is an excuse that is used way to much by individuals that also have their own agendas. We all want what is best for ourselves and that is an agenda. Only about 15-20% of all people will actually worry about other people while they worry about themselves.

Usually the people that use the word political are just mad because they didn't get what they wanted. Their own agenda!!!

Someone please give the definition of political!