Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religious intolerance, I have said many times I don't push my religion on anyone, but I am sure not going to have another pushed on me or mine pushed away.

I hate no one based on what their beliefs are. All people are equal until my religion is under fire or scrutinized.

Now days it seems it is politically incorrect to be Christian. People are tolerant of every religion but Christianity.

I would never kill anyone over religion, comparing me to Iran is absurd. Because I don't agree with what they do makes me intolerant.

But you are exactly like Iran. Both of you preach that there is one true religion and show little to no tolerance for any other religions...

But you are exactly like Iran. Both of you preach that there is one true religion and show little to no tolerance for any other religions...

Im not out trying to kill Muhamad Ali, Kareem, for converting to Islam. I dont care. But I do stand up for my beliefs.

Is the Jewish faith a false religion?

Yes. Even the Jews back in the days of Jesus who were around him and saw his Miracles failed to believe. We cannot pick and chose veses, Matther 7:13, the gate to heaven is narrow, only a few will enter.

John 14:6.. Jesus said..."I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except thru me." key word No ONE.

Here's why I tend to err on the side of caution and don't buy into the whole if you aren't a Christian you're going to hell argument.

Say I'm wrong, and that only believers in Jesus Christ get into heaven, well I firmly believe in Jesus, so I'm good there.

Say I'm right however, and God is a loving and understanding God....I will have lived my life accepting and loving of people from all walks of life. In this situation, I'd be pretty darn worried if I were one of the judgemental "our way or hell" Christians. You may have a lot of explaining to do when face to face with God. :idunno: Part of my reasoning at least.

Here's why I tend to err on the side of caution and don't buy into the whole if you aren't a Christian you're going to hell argument.

Say I'm wrong, and that only believers in Jesus Christ get into heaven, well I firmly believe in Jesus, so I'm good there.

Say I'm right however, and God is a loving and understanding God....I will have lived my life accepting and loving of people from all walks of life. In this situation, I'd be pretty darn worried if I were one of the judgemental "our way or hell" Christians. You may have a lot of explaining to do when face to face with God. :idunno: Part of my reasoning at least.

What do missionaries do? They go out and try to convert people to Christianity by preaching the truth (they believe in) Are they going to hell for their beliefs in trying to persuade another to leave their religion and be a Christian?

I do believe it is my way or hell, but I promise I do not go out and say it to another. It is my belief. I do not go around making a mockery of others beliefs. I wont go up to some Muslim and tell him he is going to hell.

Do abortion clinic bombings and assassinations give Christianity a bad name?

Seriously, is that the best you got? That's all you could come up with?

You and others want to ignore that the core basic belief of Islam is to convert others or get rid of them. Crude, simplistic way of looking at it but it's true. Mohamed was, amoungst other things, a violent individual who, by the way, is deader than a hammer.

Do they believe Jesus has died for our sins?

Of course they don't, if they did they wouldn't be Jewish but many evangelical Christians feel Jews "get a pass" so to speak because they feel the Jewish people are still the chosen people and are favored by God. By no means am I saying all evangelicals hold this view but it's acceptance seems to be growing among evangelicals. I assume this belief is why so many evangelicals support the nation of Israel.

Do you really believe that Christians in other countries are not persecuted on a daily basis?

I'm Southern Baptist so you could say that I'm right of right but I am not intolerant of other religions I just think they believe a false doctrine.

I find the bolded ironic. The thread is about Christians being murder yet you make that statement.

I was being hyperbolic in a sense. Of course Christians are persecuted, and many are intolerant of Christianity around the world. If you read the post I was responding to, it was talking about mountain ref's experience with what I assumed to encounters with fellow Americans regarding religious beliefs. Perhaps I didn't place a true frame of reference of what I was referring to. I was referring almost holistically to Christians in America. My main point is the same intolerance that he has of other faiths is what is going on in Iran (to a more concentrated and extreme degree).

Yes. Even the Jews back in the days of Jesus who were around him and saw his Miracles failed to believe. We cannot pick and chose veses, Matther 7:13, the gate to heaven is narrow, only a few will enter.

John 14:6.. Jesus said..."I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except thru me." key word No ONE.

Is there two sets of Jews? One group that does believe and one that is still waiting on him to come the first time?

Is there two sets of Jews? One group that does believe and one that is still waiting on him to come the first time?
Yes, when Jesus was on earth face to face he mostly spoke only to the jews. All the Disciples were Jews. Jesus was one too. In John 4 he meets the Samartian women.

Well the Jews back then did not speak to these people and this surprised His Discipcles. Jesus also traved across the sea to visit the Gadarenes, a group of Gentiles. Matthew 28 "go and tell the all nations about me". The Jews today are still waiting and might be God's chosen few but that was the Old law and we are no longer that Law for a saving Faith.

Did you repent of your Sins? Did you confess him before others? Were you Baptized In His Name? Do you love others as yourself? Do you tell others about Jesus?

Do you fellowship with other believers in a Bible study worship? Do you take the Lord's supper and sing worship songs?

Do you pray to Jesus and in his name? If you do , I so glad to hear this, you see even the Demons believe in Jesus and we have to do so much more than just believe. I hope you don't see these questions as anything but to be helpful to you and others. And satan believes in him too, but he sure doesn't do the things I have mentioned that are in scripture for us Believers to do. The word believe is in John 99 times, so what you mentioned is so true.

A Believer who loves Jesus will do the things I mentioned and I said this once in a thread here that being a Christian is a very hard thing to do compared to a non Christian.