Crossfit

stick1

A friend of mine, Lindsay Nieporte, just finished 3rd in the 1st individual event. She's from Crossfit Covington as well.
Looks like your girl DNF'ed on the second event and is out.

Crossfit Covington has dropped to 4th after the 2 event.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your girl DNF'ed on the second event and is out.

Crossfit Covington has dropped to 4th after the 2 event.

That sucks. Lindsay is also a good friend of mine as well. She works extremely hard. I know from here facebook page it seems like its all she does.

That sucks. Lindsay is also a good friend of mine as well. She works extremely hard. I know from here facebook page it seems like its all she does.

I missed her heat so not sure what happened. The WOD she DNF'ed in was a 2000M row, 50 Pistol Squats, then 30 hang cleans at 135. There was a 17 min time cap and you had to get at least 10 cleans to move to the next round. 135lbs is what alot of these ladies weigh.

To get to the level she is obviously at you would have to live in the gym.

I missed her heat so not sure what happened. The WOD she DNF'ed in was a 2000M row, 50 Pistol Squats, then 30 hang cleans at 135. There was a 17 min time cap and you had to get at least 10 cleans to move to the next round. 135lbs is what alot of these ladies weigh.

To get to the level she is obviously at you would have to live in the gym.

She missed on the cleans. 135 was her PR, but to ask her to get 10 was unlucky for her.

She missed on the cleans. 135 was her PR, but to ask her to get 10 was unlucky for her.
That's too bad. I would have liked to see them set the min at 1 instead of 10 to move on. FWIW just to make it to regionals puts her in a class of very few elite athletes. A guy from the gym I go to ended up placing 22 and missed the Sunday cut by 4 places.

• 1 month later...

Day 2 of the Crossfit games are in the book and surprise surprise, Froning is 1st place.

For you endurance guys they surprised the athletes when they arrived by adding an addition day of work outs on Wednesday. To start they had to do a triathalon at Camp Pendleton.

700M swim in the ocean, 8k bike ride (on a single speed bike), and finishing with a 11K run. Here is the description for the tri...

For time:

Swim 700± meters

Bike 8± kilometers

Run 11± kilometers

In this event, athletes will begin by swimming approximately 700 meters with fins. They will then grab their bicycles and ride approximately 8 kilometers across undulating terrain, with approximately 400 meters through unrideable soft sand. They finish with an 11 kilometer dirt-road run across steep hills with over 1,400 feet of elevation gain.

It took the winner 1:57:33.

Day 2 of the Crossfit games are in the book and surprise surprise, Froning is 1st place.

For you endurance guys they surprised the athletes when they arrived by adding an addition day of work outs on Wednesday. To start they had to do a triathalon at Camp Pendleton.

700M swim in the ocean, 8k bike ride (on a single speed bike), and finishing with a 11K run. Here is the description for the tri...

For time:

Swim 700± meters

Bike 8± kilometers

Run 11± kilometers

In this event, athletes will begin by swimming approximately 700 meters with fins. They will then grab their bicycles and ride approximately 8 kilometers across undulating terrain, with approximately 400 meters through unrideable soft sand. They finish with an 11 kilometer dirt-road run across steep hills with over 1,400 feet of elevation gain.

It took the winner 1:57:33.

Swim would be extremely easy. Those bike and run legs sound decidedly more difficult.

Edited by formerkywrestler

Swim would be extremely easy. Those bike and run legs sound decidedly more difficult.

Thought about it a little more. The single speed part adds some difficulty to the bike but 8K is an incredibly short bike ride. The run does sound like a fairly difficult 10K.+ 1 I'm not in anything resembling great shape but I think I could make a run at that time...

Thought about it a little more. The single speed part adds some difficulty to the bike but 8K is an incredibly short bike ride. The run does sound like a fairly difficult 10K.+ 1 I'm not in anything resembling great shape but I think I could make a run at that time...

I dunno man, almost half a mile in the ocean would be a far cry from the same distance in a pool or KY lake. Single speed bikes off road are tough. I can't imagine in sand.

I dunno man, almost half a mile in the ocean would be a far cry from the same distance in a pool or KY lake. Single speed bikes off road are tough. I can't imagine in sand.

Ocean adds buoyancy and the fins are incredibly beneficial. A lot of it is drills but I do 2000M+ three times a week in the pool. The swim would be a breeze. I do agree that a single speed bike would be tough. But the sand part really isn't that bad, it's only 400M so if it is too tough just carry the damn thing.

Having said that, I've seen some of the videos of the CF workouts and have several friends who do it. I'd be on the floor in pain after probably two of them. Different strokes...

The swim wouldn't be that bad but the rest is the killer. Keep in mind they ddid this at Camp Pendleton, a marine base. Apparently the trails they were doing the run on were brutal.

The swim wouldn't be that bad but the rest is the killer. Keep in mind they ddid this at Camp Pendleton, a marine base. Apparently the trails they were doing the run on were brutal.
Here's my thinking:

Swim - I can comfortably swim 400M in 8 minutes WITHOUT fins. So accounting for the extra distance that would be 14 minutes. I'm quite sure I can do it much faster than that with fins but let's just stick with that time.

Run - Using my Bourbon Chase time of last year when I was a MUCH slower runner I averaged 9:30. The Bourbon Chase is extremely hilly, much longer, and has a fatigue factor. That would put me at 1:04 on the run.

Transition - I'll give 5 minutes.

Bike - This leaves 34:32 minutes for a 4.97 mile bike. Which is 8.6 MPH and that is little over half of what my bike race time is. As I said, I was being generous to the course with my swim (very generous) and run times so I think I could definitely make a run at that time even considering the terrain.