Crossfit

stick1

Clean ladder event, is that like that they have the guy do on Next American Ninja Warrior? As for ESPN3, gotta love my xbox which offers it for free because my cable provider carries the station.

The clean ladder the athletes have 30 seconds to clean the weight. If they succeed they move to the next weight where they have 30 secs to clean the weight. If and when they fail they preform deadlifts at that weight for points. This will break ties. So if you clean 330 but fail at 335 you deadlift the 335 until the 30 secs is up. If you get 5 reps your score is 330.05

The men started with 245. Neal Maddox won the event completeing 365.

I just watched the replay and they didn't show the clean ladder online. Some of the events they aren't showing, I guess their holding some out for when ESPN airs it later.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iceland Annie repeats as the women's champion with Julie Foucher finihing second. Rich Froning does it again for the men. He secured the win with 2 events left. Matt Chan finishes second to become the oldest athlete to make the podium at 34.

Since I started this thread I got after it in the gym. Had two goals I set to try to reach by July 28th. Bench 300lbs (about 230-240 when I started) and run 3 mile race. I finally benched 300lbs yesterday for the first time with the goal date coming down to the wire. So pumped! I've lost about 12lbs in the process. 3 mile race is next week much like Tough Mudder but called Mud Ninja.

Iceland Annie repeats as the women's champion with Julie Foucher finihing second. Rich Froning does it again for the men. He secured the win with 2 events left. Matt Chan finishes second to become the oldest athlete to make the podium at 34.

I thought Foucher was pretty hot, watched her events on ESPN3 last Sunday night.

Since I started this thread I got after it in the gym. Had two goals I set to try to reach by July 28th. Bench 300lbs (about 230-240 when I started) and run 3 mile race. I finally benched 300lbs yesterday for the first time with the goal date coming down to the wire. So pumped! I've lost about 12lbs in the process. 3 mile race is next week much like Tough Mudder but called Mud Ninja.

Congrats sir that's pretty impressive.

Congrats sir that's pretty impressive.

Thank you. I never really thought about benching 300lbs. When Dr talked about putting me on blood pressure medicine in my 30's I said heck with that and went to work. I've lost about 12lbs while getting stronger which has helped drop the bp. Feels great to set goals, put a date on them to be accountable then reach them right at crunch time. I'd say new goals will be 315, 5K and drop 10 more lbs by Christmas.

Thank you. I never really thought about benching 300lbs. When Dr talked about putting me on blood pressure medicine in my 30's I said heck with that and went to work. I've lost about 12lbs while getting stronger which has helped drop the bp. Feels great to set goals, put a date on them to be accountable then reach them right at crunch time. I'd say new goals will be 315, 5K and drop 10 more lbs by Christmas.

I hear ya I keep setting goals and running in to injuries. Taking a break from some certain lifts/sports and going to try to get my self back in to shape. Never been really that good at flat bench but always great at incline compared to most folks. I honestly just want to drop about 25 lbs and get to a consistent comfortable weight. Oh and be able to run about 2 miles, even when I ran track I couldn't run 2 miles, I had football speed which meant any thing over 400 meters and I was tanking.

I hear ya I keep setting goals and running in to injuries. Taking a break from some certain lifts/sports and going to try to get my self back in to shape. Never been really that good at flat bench but always great at incline compared to most folks. I honestly just want to drop about 25 lbs and get to a consistent comfortable weight. Oh and be able to run about 2 miles, even when I ran track I couldn't run 2 miles, I had football speed which meant any thing over 400 meters and I was tanking.

I definitely struggle with something hurting all the time. Been fighting shoulder pain for about 2 months know.

I definitely struggle with something hurting all the time. Been fighting shoulder pain for about 2 months know.

My left one is seperated and I've got a torn labrum, throw in the fact that I've torn my ACL in both legs(right one twice) and well yea it certainly catches up to me at times. I look like a slightly used car but my frame and suspensions got a few hundred thousand miles on it. I swear I look in the mirror some times and think....... they just don't build them like the used to.