Moss Reaches 2500 Points

Boone County's Sydney Moss reached the 2500 point plateau in last night's Gateway Holiday Classic against Walton Verona. Gutty tournament performance by Moss who dislocated her right shoulder in the opening round game against Marshall County, sat out the rest of the half, but came back to get 26 in that game, 34 against Montgomery County, and 22 last night against a tough WV team.

The shoulder was obviously painful and locked up on Moss at times. Last night, after a steal in the 4th quarter, she was going in for an easy right handed layin and that shoulder locked.........result, the ball hit the bottom of the rim. Later in the quarter she had another steal and you could see her change her mind and cross over to lay the ball in left handed.

She will start on a rehab program Monday but the injury is probably going to be one that nags on for a while.

Congrats tp Sydni. That's pretty amazing to have 2500 and we are not at the midpoint of the season. I saw the game when she hurt her shoulder and had to come out which put Marshall County back in the game. I had to leave at half-time but told my husband that if Moss can play, they should put her back in because Moss with one good arm is better than most healthy players, lol. I was right!

So do the points she scored at Ryle, counting toward the grand total or are those just scored at Boone County?

This is the total of all the points scored in her career, which started at Heritage Academy in the 7th grade and includes her two seasons at Ryle plus the two+ so far at Boone. At Ryle she actually played about one full season of games over those two years as the 8th grade year was well along before she, and Jenna Crittendon, were brought up to the varsity, then her 9th grade year was frought with problems that resulted in a reduced number of games.

My records indicate she played in 32 total games in the two seasons at Ryle. She has played 32 and 34 in her two full seasons at Boone and should top 30 again this season. If she can maintain her current scoring pace AND Boone can have some run in the tournaments she could conceivably reach the 3000 point career mark. I think that's only been done by three girls in NKY history.

Sydney is very close to the Boone County career scoring mark, set by Michelle Cottrell who had an outstanding career at NKY and should reach that this coming week if her health is OK.

Congratulations to Sydney on a great milestone. Amazingly, she has registered that many points despite the fact that, at least in my eyes, she is very unselfish and very willing to feed teammates when they are for open shots. Plus she rises and elevates her game at crunch time to compete to win. Good luck the rest of the way this year and beyond.

Are th top 2 scorers in 9th history Walz and Murphy?

According to a list I found last year of top scorers in state history, the three females over 3000 points in NKY are Jaime Walz (all-time female leader, who played at Highlands, Erica Hallman who played at Holmes, and Jackie Bearden who played at Dixie Heights. Murphy is seventh on that list I believe.

According to a list I found last year of top scorers in state history, the three females over 3000 points in NKY are Jaime Walz (all-time female leader, who played at Highlands, Erica Hallman who played at Holmes, and Jackie Bearden who played at Dixie Heights. Murphy is seventh on that list I believe.

I didn't see much of Jamie Walz when she played. Erica Hallman was the last girl prior to Sydney that I thought could play with boys.