Worst TV Series Falls From Grace

Zlatan

What are your top 3 falls from grace with television series you've watched? Which shows started out with a bang, but ended in a whimper? Which ones are in the middle of their fall from grace? What say you?

My top 3:

1) House -- Wow that show is awful now.

2) Family Guy -- So many disagree with me that this show is now falling off the map, but to me, the writing just has totally disintegrated.

3) The Office -- My all-time favorite show, yet from Seasons 5 on, I just felt like it ran out of things to be funny about.

In the process of falling out:

1) Dexter -- Seasons 1-5 were all variants on a scale of "Amazing" to "Pretty good," while I thought Season 6 took about 5 giant steps back.

Great TV shows from a few years ago whose last few seasons ended weakly:

1) All in the Family and the entire run of the follow-up series, Archie Bunker's Place

2) LA Law

3) Happy Days

4) AfterMASH - spinoff from MASH that was dreadful from the start

5) Dallas finished its run pretty poorly

It was an episode of Happy Days that created the phrase "Jumped the Shark", meaning the point at which a TV show had a precipitous decline in quality. In the episode, Fonzie was challenged to go water-skiing and jump over some sharks. He did so while wearing his leather jacket, of course.

Seinfeld was one of the best TV shows of all-time, but the last episode was terrible.

What are your top 3 falls from grace with television series you've watched? Which shows started out with a bang, but ended in a whimper? Which ones are in the middle of their fall from grace? What say you?

My top 3:

1) House -- Wow that show is awful now.

2) Family Guy -- So many disagree with me that this show is now falling off the map, but to me, the writing just has totally disintegrated.

3) The Office -- My all-time favorite show, yet from Seasons 5 on, I just felt like it ran out of things to be funny about.

In the process of falling out:

1) Dexter -- Seasons 1-5 were all variants on a scale of "Amazing" to "Pretty good," while I thought Season 6 took about 5 giant steps back.

I somewhat agree about Family Guy. It isn't as funny as it used to be but they still have moments of brilliance from time to time. They are capable of getting it back at a moments notice so I stay tuned. I'd like to see them move Cleveland and his family to Quahog. Stewie and Rallo would be comedy gold, IMO.

Old School

1-The Partridge Family

2-Daniel Boone

3-White Shadow

Newer shows

1-Friday Night Lights

2-Human Target

3-No Ordinary Family

What about the ending of White Shadow disappointed you? I can't really recall the ending, only that it was cancelled rather abruptly. Used to really like this show.

Watching an episode online now.

And I'm on IMDB reading a bunch of background on the series and its actors. Hadn't thought about this show in a long time. Ken Howard was outstanding in the role of coach. This show should have lasted much longer than it did. Not sure why it failed to get a bigger following.