NKY Middle School Basketball

Jack of all Trades

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Girl Teams for NKY ????

It's hard to get info on middle school hoops, especially for girl's teams.

Woodland 8th (girls) has a nice team, even with younger players and injuries. They won last week against Connor MS, last year's regional champs who have lost two of their girls to Connor HS this year. Gray 8th grade beat Woodland at pre-season tourney, but re-match in January. Expect them to meet again at regionals. Both undefeated reg season.

Gray 7th grade girls keep winning by large margins, after being undefeated last year and winning Regional Championship.

From what I'm hearing in the 6th grade for the girls is : Campbell Co , Twenhofel, and Woodland are still undefeated . Camp Ernst , Ockerman , Walton and St Pius may have one lose each. Gray might be in there also.

7th grade I think Gray , Walton and Twenhofel are still undefeated . I know Woodland 7th have lost 1 and after that I'm not sure.

8th grade it sounds like Gray, Woodland , Conner and Twenhofel have strong teams. Not sure on the rest of them.

From what I'm hearing in the 6th grade for the girls is : Campbell Co , Twenhofel, and Woodland are still undefeated . Camp Ernst , Ockerman , Walton and St Pius may have one lose each. Gray might be in there also.

7th grade I think Gray , Walton and Twenhofel are still undefeated . I know Woodland 7th have lost 1 and after that I'm not sure.

8th grade it sounds like Gray, Woodland , Conner and Twenhofel have strong teams. Not sure on the rest of them.

Gray, from seeing their girls play AAU ball in the spring and summer, definitely has a strong team. I saw Woodland play once this year and, yes they are pretty good together and well coached. I, also have heard that Conner was still doing well, even though their were two girls that got moved up and are not playing with them.

As far as Twenhofel's 8th grade girls team, they are not having much success. I am sure that the girls are playing hard, but they were left very very thin. With three girls that were starters in 7th grade deciding this year to play for Simon Kenton's freshmen team, this left only 6 girls at the original try out. The team was rounded off by adding some 7th graders, but they were still short 3 starters from the 2 previous years. That group is not near as dominant as they were in 6th and 7th grade.

Another team that is doing well is Walton Verona. They are 13-1.

Walton 7th grade lost to Owen County.

Games played at Walton last week for the boys? Walton 7th grade won big and Walton 8th lost by 2.

Not sure if we are talking boys or girls here!

I misread the post before. They were talking about girls and I was speaking of the boys. Owen 7th grade boys defeated Walton earlier in the season at the NCKC tournament...That is what I was referring to.

I believe Ockerman and Holmes are the 8th grade boys teams to beat. They are winning and winning big. Not sure what their records are. . .

Tomorrow, 12/10, Turkeyfoot MS continues it's 8th grade GIRL's tourney. Games start at 9am and go straight through to the 7:30 Championship game.

Some good teams playing - Walton, Woodland, Gray, St Mary, St Pius, Summitview, Ockerman and Turkeyfoot.