NKY Middle School Basketball

Jack of all Trades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IHM 6th grade boys had a nice win yesterday!! These guys have played together for 3 years. Not much size, but lots of hustle and heart. The team is led by two fast guards, Kasey Nowak and Carter Kunstek.

Campbell County made the trip to IHM. I don't know how the 7th and 8th grade boys did.

The young Saints needed that confidence boost!

I typically don't like to disparage officials at any game, including middle school but hard not to comment on the job done at Camp Ernst last night in girls action. I don't think they 'favored' either team, just think they didn't care. I know these games can be painful sometimes but your job is to officiate the game, not to the caliber of the players or to a time schedule (when you have back to back games). Over heard several CE fans exclaim that the poor officiating wasn't the result of one 'bad' day- had been like that all year. A travel is a travel, a foul is a foul and 12 seconds in the lane has to be a violation of some sort.

How about the Girl Teams for NKY ???? Who are the top teams and is there a website for scores/records for all the teams?

Heard there was a McDonald girl at St. Joe who is around 5'9" and a 7th grader and that their team is very good. I believe she is the sister of the 6'6" NCC freshman Drew playing varsity.

IHM 6th grade boys had a nice win yesterday!! These guys have played together for 3 years. Not much size, but lots of hustle and heart. The team is led by two fast guards, Kasey Nowak and Carter Kunstek.

Campbell County made the trip to IHM. I don't know how the 7th and 8th grade boys did.

The young Saints needed that confidence boost!

I heard the 8th grade Camels lost a close one. They are now playing without their 2 best players as they were moved up to the freshman team.

So they are not playing both??? I know the 3 kids at HHS play both 8th and frosh..

Shouldn't be. That is against the NKMSAA rules. Once you play at the HS level you lose your middle school eligibility. I know the powers to be are looking on the boys side into Holmes, Highlands and Newport for this. They all have players doing both and will probably have to lose some players for the reminder of the middle school season.

Shouldn't be. That is against the NKMSAA rules. Once you play at the HS level you lose your middle school eligibility. I know the powers to be are looking on the boys side into Holmes, Highlands and Newport for this. They all have players doing both and will probably have to lose some players for the reminder of the middle school season.

Didn't know that..Did that rule just change?