NKY Middle School Basketball

Jack of all Trades

Saw the purple 7th grade Camels on Sunday soundly defeat St. Joe's while the gold 7th grade Camels had little trouble with the 7/8 grade St. Peter and Paul team. In between those two games (would have been much nicer if they were back to back whoever is doing the scheduling for this tourney (:D) the 7/8 Silver Grove team playing basically a total of 6 players destroyed a very tall Dayton 7/8 grade team.

Gary Bertsch doing a fine job coaching the purple Camels and his son had an outstanding game. Brett Clark played very well for the gold Camel team running the show at the point.

Silver Grove only had three players score points for them even though they put up 40. #10, #5 and Randy Koontz did all the scoring. This is an odd team as their guards did all the scoring and did all the rebounding (#10 and Koontz both had to be double figures in rebounding).

Looking forward to watching these two 7th grade Camel teams playing more in this tourney. Unfortunately they play in different leagues in the regular season so I will not get to see both teams play that often!!!!!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he play frosh ball ?

I sat next to his mom last season keeping the JV book and he was injured but would have played JV and dressed Varsity. She was very nice and has another very good son in Top 8th Region Sr Sawyer Williams.

I think this kid has a ton of talent but you won't see him playing any 8th grade or Frosh ball IMO. Nice OOP by the guard and very nice finish.

Carson and Thad Moss make a pretty potent inside tandem for their AAU team.... Wow!!!

Does Moss play for the Celtics? I thought I saw him out at SOAS not this past sunday but the week prior. They were a green team, he had Moss on his back and he was big and thick.

They are referring to Carson and Thad's spring and summer AAU team, Hoop Dreams. The team had kids from all over the state of Ky. including 3 Northern Ky. players, Moss, Downs and Diaw - all from Ockerman Middle and then Carson Williams from Owen Cty. They finished 12th in Nationals this summer in Memphis out of 96 D1 teams.