Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Shabazz pretty much had to go to UCLA..Perry Ellis was a lock for Kansas I thought.

 

You might be right on both, but Cal was hard after both of them.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take any one of the 3 remaining and be extremely happy but would LOVE to have Wiggins.

From what I've heard, it would take a miracle at this point for UK to get Gordon (which realistically you sit and wonder why Gordon would choose UW or Arizona over UK, and I have no clue why, especially at Arizona being Gordon may not even start). But if I had to guess, I'd say UK will get Randle, and they're still trying to get Wiggins. Remember, Cal said we'll probably get 1 or 2 more. Realistically, those are the only 3, and Cal has only been lightly recruiting Gordon. I think Randle and Wiggins will decide around April, and wait to see who declares, Gordon will probably decide a little sooner. Again, Wiggins has only taken 1 OFFICIAL visit so far. Still plans on visiting UK, KU, and UNC.

I don't have any reason to believe Cal will miss on Wiggins and Randle, but I just have a gut feeling he will. I just have a feeling what we have is what we're going to end with.

I don't have any reason to believe Cal will miss on Wiggins and Randle' date=' but I just have a gut feeling he will. I just have a feeling what we have is what we're going to end with.[/quote']

 

Another year of a player away....?

I think UK will get Randle. He even said himself a few weeks ago in an interview that of the incoming freshmen class next year that the Harrison twin who plays PG is the player he would most like to play with on the same team. Not exactly those words but something like that.

According to Ben Roberts, ESPN has a panel of 7 recruiting experts predicting where Randle will go. 3 say UK. 3 say Texas. 1 says some other school that isn't Florida.

Randle to UK

Wiggins to FSU

Gordon stays out west.

 

I'd love to have Wiggins. He's an incredible talent. I get the feeling that he doesn't want the spot light that comes along with Kentucky basketball. Having James Young on board helps ease the pain a little.

The Meyers guy from 247 sports says UK leads for Wiggins. He has been about accurate as anyone in past.

Nobody has a clue. It is like when they used to get a group of psychics together and they all have differing opinions on future events. Talk about a paradox.

Nobody has a clue. It is like when they used to get a group of psychics together and they all have differing opinions on future events. Talk about a paradox.

 

Sadly I agree. Not a clue, not sure Mr. Wiggins really knows at this point either. Either way UK will have a great season next year just hope he's a part of the reason why.

  • Author
Nobody has a clue. It is like when they used to get a group of psychics together and they all have differing opinions on future events. Talk about a paradox.

 

Exactly, as of right now no one knows, not even Wiggins himself. The good news is I think that Fulford (Huntington Preps Coach) is really pulling hard for UK and putting that in his ear (as is a lot of other people). That may end up being a bad thing if enough people cram Kentucky down his throat, but your coach is usually someone you will have a lot of trust in, especially in Wiggins situation where he is so far away from home. I'm sure his bond is even stronger than what most high school kids have with their coach, which is usually always pretty strong.

 

Exactly, as of right now no one knows, not even Wiggins himself. The good news is I think that Fulford (Huntington Preps Coach) is really pulling hard for UK and putting that in his ear (as is a lot of other people). That may end up being a bad thing if enough people cram Kentucky down his throat, but your coach is usually someone you will have a lot of trust in, especially in Wiggins situation where he is so far away from home. I'm sure his bond is even stronger than what most high school kids have with their coach, which is usually always pretty strong.

 

Rob does not push any school on any of his kids...

Wiggins would make them preseason #1 regardless of who comes back yes?

 

I'd think they've got a good shot at that regardless but I'd say he would solidify them as such.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.