January 10, 201313 yr I am a UK fan, but i think it is a shame that ratings and evaluations are all based on projections now instead of production. NBA drafts on potential not production and now College Basketball is being rated on projections and not production. There was no reason for UK to be rated as high in the preseason poll as they were. They might be that good by the end of the year, but preseason ratings should be rating teams where they are at that time. No way was UK that good at the beginning of they year. There is no way Poythreus should get drafted top 10. If he does it is all on projection not production. We need to start teaching kids they need to PRODUCE! See Daniel Orton!!!!
January 10, 201313 yr I am a UK fan, but i think it is a shame that ratings and evaluations are all based on projections now instead of production. NBA drafts on potential not production and now College Basketball is being rated on projections and not production. There was no reason for UK to be rated as high in the preseason poll as they were. They might be that good by the end of the year, but preseason ratings should be rating teams where they are at that time. No way was UK that good at the beginning of they year. There is no way Poythreus should get drafted top 10. If he does it is all on projection not production. We need to start teaching kids they need to PRODUCE! See Daniel Orton!!!! So the NBA should draft guys that have even less chance of making it in the league because they were highly productive in college? Makes perfect sense...
January 10, 201313 yr So the NBA should draft guys that have even less chance of making it in the league because they were highly productive in college? Makes perfect sense... Adam Morrison is a perfect example of this...
January 11, 201313 yr Author Rob does not push any school on any of his kids... Well he's not been saying kentuckys a bad idea that's for sure, I've read countless articles quoting Fulford singing Kentucky and Cal's praises. I know you know him personally and I know you would know more than me, but I've always got the feeling from what I've read that he's always assuring Andrew everything would be good at Kentucky. I've read Wiggins started to have a tough time trying to figure out where he would fit in with so many other talented players to share the ball with, mainly the Harrison's. This situation and others situations where Andrew may have had his doubts about Kentucky he is always there to make a pitch for UK. He's explained to him how he would fit in with other talented players and how much easier it would make things for him. He's also talked about the importance of going against other top guys in practice every day and all that other stuff. He's talked to him about how Kentucky would be a great place to prepare him for the next level. I just have a feeling that when it comes down to it and Andrew Wiggins asks what he really think or what he would do if he was in his shoes, I think Fulford tells him Kentucky. Edited January 11, 201313 yr by dolamite posting from iphone :(
January 12, 201313 yr Ben Roberts @NextCats According to reported stats, UK signee Marcus Lee is averaging 17.9 points, 19.7 rebounds and 6.4 blocks through 15 games.
January 12, 201313 yr Huntington Prep vs. Cape Henry comes on this afternoon at 4:00. Set your DVR since it's during the UK game.
January 20, 201313 yr Author Wiggins and Huntington Prep on ESPN right now against IU commit and consensus top 10 Noah Vonleh. At the half Wig has 11 and Vonleh has 6.
January 22, 201313 yr I read that Dave Telep stated that Florida State was the "clear front runner" for Wiggins right now. Anyone heard this or anything different?
January 22, 201313 yr ^ I have not really read anything lately, but the buzz a while back was that FSU was in the lead.
January 22, 201313 yr ^ I have not really read anything lately, but the buzz a while back was that FSU was in the lead. Thanks.
January 22, 201313 yr Author I read that Dave Telep stated that Florida State was the "clear front runner" for Wiggins right now. Anyone heard this or anything different? ^ I have not really read anything lately, but the buzz a while back was that FSU was in the lead. At this point I'm pretty much ready to give up hope that Kentucky will land Andrew Wiggins. It pains me to say because having Wiggins on your team would be the equivalent of having Lebron or Kobe play at your school. I mean UNC has been riding Jordan for 30 years now, and a kid like Wiggins could have had the same type of impact for any school even Kentucky and its recent history of one and done talents. I just get the vibe he doesn't want any part of the spotlight and just wants to play ball and not have to deal with the hype that comes with being the best amateur player in the world. He say's he wants to win a championship, but if he goes to FSU you would have to think he just wants to go somewhere where he can just blend in behind the football team and hang with his boy Rathan-Mays for a year then go to the league. I think all the recruiting pressure and scrutiny is hurting Kentucky's chances even more because he knows he will be front and center in the limelight at Kentucky (although I feel it would be easier having other guys to share the spotlight with). Question: if you can Wiggins or both Randle and Gordon who would you prefer? Wiggins is big time and I would always want a kid like that over any two players, but the way this team is currently constructed I would take Randle and Gordon. Not sure if this is even possible, but all UK really needs to make this a historic recruiting class is an elite 4 man, Randle and Gordon both give you that. However, I feel Gordon's versatility gives you the option to play both him or Young at the 3 and have whichever one that's not in the lineup come off the bench for some insane depth. I just feel that the options and versatility those two would bring to the team would equal the talent level that Andrew Wiggins would bring to the team. Again this is all hypothetical, I just hope Cal ends up with one of the three at this point. I don't think Kentucky will hurt for scoring on the perimeter next season thus the reason I feel losing Wiggins would not be as bad as it seems. Landing James Young has been huge in that regard, certainly softens the blow.
January 22, 201313 yr According to CBS's Jeff Borzello, UK has came on strong, and made up ground for dunking phenom, and athletic freak Aaron Gordon. Possibility that UK is starting to convince Gordon AND Randle now that Wiggins is seeming less probable?
January 22, 201313 yr According to CBS's Jeff Borzello, UK has came on strong, and made up ground for dunking phenom, and athletic freak Aaron Gordon. Possibility that UK is starting to convince Gordon AND Randle now that Wiggins is seeming less probable? If UK got Randle and Gordon.... WOW! I'm good with Gordon only but to be honest I'd like their chances even if they didn't sign another player and went in as is.
January 23, 201313 yr Like I have said before Wiggins or anybody else knows where he is going at the point and of you hear other wise don't believe it. UK has a very good shot with all 3 players mentioned above. UK won't get all 3 of course but I would almost bet one at least one for sure and outside chance of 2.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.