Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wiggins joins this crew that will mean there are 9 incoming frosh.

 

I can't think of any other team that brought in 9 frosh.

 

Anyone?

If Wiggins joins this crew that will mean there are 9 incoming frosh.

 

I can't think of any other team that brought in 9 frosh.

 

Anyone?

 

Has to be the first time.

 

Only possible scenario would be a coach taking over a program that was in shambles, had mass departures, etc. But nothing is coming to my mind.

If Wiggins joins this crew that will mean there are 9 incoming frosh.

 

I can't think of any other team that brought in 9 frosh.

 

Anyone?

 

St John's would have had that many 2 years ago but 3 guys didn't qualify...

St John's would have had that many 2 years ago but 3 guys didn't qualify...

 

I thought about them, but didn't think they had that many. Forgot about those guys that failed to qualify.

  • Author
If Wiggins joins this crew that will mean there are 9 incoming frosh.

 

I can't think of any other team that brought in 9 frosh.

 

Anyone?

 

Has to be the first time.

 

Only possible scenario would be a coach taking over a program that was in shambles, had mass departures, etc. But nothing is coming to my mind.

 

St John's would have had that many 2 years ago but 3 guys didn't qualify...

 

I thought about them, but didn't think they had that many. Forgot about those guys that failed to qualify.

 

 

 

IU had a bunch too Tommy Boy's first year.

I thought about them, but didn't think they had that many. Forgot about those guys that failed to qualify.

 

They had 10 seniors the year before...

Ben Roberts @NextCats

7 ESPN recruiting experts make Andrew Wiggins predictions. Zero are predicting Kentucky.

Ben Roberts @NextCats

7 ESPN recruiting experts make Andrew Wiggins predictions. Zero are predicting Kentucky.

 

Maybe too big of a crowd for him...... maybe they don't know jack.

Maybe too big of a crowd for him...... maybe they don't know jack.

 

It actually makes me feel a little more confident. 4 of 6 ESPN guys said Randle would choose Kansas & only 1 picked UK.

Ben Roberts @NextCats

7 ESPN recruiting experts make Andrew Wiggins predictions. Zero are predicting Kentucky.

 

The funny thing is people still actually listen to anything those guys say. They were saying Randle to Kansas, the Harrison twins to Maryland, Noel to G'town, etc., etc. You and I probably know more about it than most of the ESPN "experts".

  • Author
Maybe too big of a crowd for him...... maybe they don't know jack.

 

It actually makes me feel a little more confident. 4 of 6 ESPN guys said Randle would choose Kansas & only 1 picked UK.

 

The funny thing is people still actually listen to anything those guys say. They were saying Randle to Kansas, the Harrison twins to Maryland, Noel to G'town, etc., etc. You and I probably know more about it than most of the ESPN "experts".

 

 

 

Exactly. When it comes down to it they really don't know either. If they had any inside info I would have to respect their opinions, since they pretty much just guess it doesn't even matter (no matter if ESPN writes their checks).

Some fun facts about some of UK's new recruits from KSR.

 

Sports Illustrated took a moment to catch up with a few of the top recruits in the 2013 class and ask them some mostly off-the-wall questions. SI spoke to 4 five-star players, 3 of which have committed to Kentucky. Some of the answers were fairly entertaining… I think we are going to really enjoy this Kentucky team.

Question: “What is the craziest thing a recruiting coach told you?”

Andrew Harrison: “He told me that he loved me like a son. I met him one time in my life.” (Tom Crean?)

Aaron Harrison: “One coach, he asked me what kind of girls I liked.” (Rick Pitino?)

Question: “Do you think you could play in the NBA right now?”

Andrew Harrison: “I feel like I could play in the NBA right now. No doubt.”

Aaron Harrison: “I feel like I can because I can shoot the ball. Most guys in high school, they just like to run and dunk. To be effective in the NBA you have to have skill.”

Julius Randle: “Yeah, for sure. You know, everybody there is talented, but you know I work on my game too much. I think I have the heart to do it. I think my skill level is up there to where I could.”

Question: “Special talent?”

Aaron Harrison: “I can throw a football like 60 yards.”

Julius Randle: “Cooking. I can cook. Philly Cheesesteaks, lasagna, baked chicken, talapia, stuff like that. Anything you want.” (Did you hear that ladies of Lexington?)

Question: “Any fears?”

Aaron Harrison: “I’m terrified of animals. You can’t understand them, no matter what. You never know what they’re thinking. They could do anything at any time.”

Great video on getting to know the Harrison Twins and Randle.

 

-PAXP-deijE.gifTop recruits sound off - Video - SI.com

sportsillustrated.cnn.comSI.com Video Top recruits Jabari Parker, Aaron and Andrew Harrison and Julius Randle say if they could make it in the NBA, what their biggest fears are and whose moves they shape their game after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am just hoping this class can take the team to at least the second round of the NIT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.