March 21, 201313 yr I'm so confused by that statement. Is he talking about UK or FSU? Florida State. If there's anyone to listen to with regards to recruiting, it's that guy.
March 21, 201313 yr While he may select either, I disagree. To think FSU isn't in play is a mistake. Business-wise, barring injury, he's the first ping-pong ball drawn in the draft lottery in 2014 even if he chose to play for NKU. Don't go getting all 500 of NKU's fans excited now, although NKU isn't too far from his current stomping grounds in Hunington.....
March 22, 201313 yr First day in a long time that I'm convinced Wiggins comes to UK. How could he not want to be a part of this? His parents may want FSU, part of him may want UNC but next years class good or bad will be legendary. They're a 30 for 30 waiting to happen. They'll either be a huge success or a historic failure but like the Fab Five they'll go down in history. Name the starting five for UNC's last title team? UConn? Kansas? Now name the Fab Five......
March 22, 201313 yr First day in a long time that I'm convinced Wiggins comes to UK. How could he not want to be a part of this? His parents may want FSU, part of him may want UNC but next years class good or bad will be legendary. They're a 30 for 30 waiting to happen. They'll either be a huge success or a historic failure but like the Fab Five they'll go down in history. Name the starting five for UNC's last title team? UConn? Kansas? Now name the Fab Five...... My thought as well... Hey Andrew come join the all stars or get beat by them.
March 22, 201313 yr He hasn't been wrong yet. :idunno:Hard to be wrong about Wig as vague as that statement was.
March 22, 201313 yr Hard to be wrong about Wig as vague as that statement was. He made quite a few others that pretty much said it's UNC or UK. Also that his relationship with guys like Randle and the Harrisons at the McD's game will be critical. His track record over the past year or two makes it pretty hard to doubt him, that's all I'm saying.
March 22, 201313 yr He made quite a few others that pretty much said it's UNC or UK. Also that his relationship with guys like Randle and the Harrisons at the McD's game will be critical. His track record over the past year or two makes it pretty hard to doubt him, that's all I'm saying. Any players he has a relationship with from the McD games going to UNC?
March 22, 201313 yr Any players he has a relationship with from the McD games going to UNC? Hell, they're all UK players :lol2:
March 22, 201313 yr I think Randle committing only helps with Wiggins because Andrew wants to play the 3 and Randle at the 4.
March 22, 201313 yr That All Star game could be critical, Cal's gonna have his studs recruiting for him all night I'm sure.
March 22, 201313 yr Even at UK he wouldn't have all the attention on him like he was at FSU. At UK the lineup would be so loaded he'd have no pressure to carry the team. Also, with the lineup he will get far fewer double teams than at FSU or UNC. Plus he's at the greatest program to get kids ready for the league. I think UK is a win win for him.
March 22, 201313 yr Are we drawing Ron Mercer comparisons here? Remember Mercer chose UK over Vandy because he would not have the pressure on him at UK with their stable of studs. Paid off well. And lest we forget Mercer was the #1 recruit that season that wasn't going pro (Kevin Garnett). Just curious about parallels.
March 22, 201313 yr Are we drawing Ron Mercer comparisons here? Remember Mercer chose UK over Vandy because he would not have the pressure on him at UK with their stable of studs. Paid off well. And lest we forget Mercer was the #1 recruit that season that wasn't going pro (Kevin Garnett). Just curious about parallels. I like your thinking. I will never forget when Mercer announced I first heard about it on our local news during the sport's segment. Man, things have certainly changed with access.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.