Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd say it comes down to UK and UNC.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd say it comes down to UK and UNC.

 

I think his head coach Rob Fulford said it best, "He knows the difference between Florida St and Kentucky." This quote tells me a lot. As much as Wiggins "hates" the spotlight (although I agree with UKMustang about it being exaggerated), you would think being pretty much the ONLY one at Florida St, may bring more of a spotlight than that of Kentucky. Not to mention the fact Wiggins knows Cal's track record, the difference of him going to UK or UNC or FSU and how much better each team would be, and the fact that if he goes to FSU, it's going to be much like high school in the aspect that he will be seeing A LOT of double teams. Go to a place like UNC or UK, and that won't happen.

^Along those same lines, the Harrison twins dad had an interesting quote yesterday about how next season will be the first time in Andrew, Aaron, Young, and Randle's life that they won't see double-teams.

 

It's a business decision for Wiggins and the only options are UNC and UK IMO.

^Along those same lines, the Harrison twins dad had an interesting quote yesterday about how next season will be the first time in Andrew, Aaron, Young, and Randle's life that they won't see double-teams.

 

It's a business decision for Wiggins and the only options are UNC and UK IMO.

While he may select either, I disagree. To think FSU isn't in play is a mistake. Business-wise, barring injury, he's the first ping-pong ball drawn in the draft lottery in 2014 even if he chose to play for NKU.
While he may select either, I disagree. To think FSU isn't in play is a mistake. Business-wise, barring injury, he's the first ping-pong ball drawn in the draft lottery in 2014 even if he chose to play for NKU.

 

I'll be absolutely shocked if he's anywhere other than those two. He wants to win. He won't do that at FSU.

Wiggins will be in Blue and White, but I don't think it's royal blue.

he's the first ping-pong ball drawn in the draft lottery in 2014 even if he chose to play for NKU.

 

I'd buy season tickets and get a custom jersey!

 

Ask me a few weeks ago, I didn't think we had any chance for Wiggins. I feel we have a much better show now.

I'll be absolutely shocked if he's anywhere other than those two. He wants to win. He won't do that at FSU.

He's a family kid and his parents went there. He's not got the typical parents clamoring for the spotlight to be on him and get all you can when you can. It's really different with him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he announced tomorrow or at the very last minute. But I bet there won't be much hoopla.

SV Fan, I've seen varying reports from any day now to late April.

I think Cal is waiting on Wiggins to choose a schoool, if its UK then awesome if not I bet he offers Hawkins! But either way the Cats sign one more in this class.

Make of this what you will:

 

Greg Wienges @GregNJ

I'm getting the feeling a school that was long attached to a certain #1 player may not be as much of a factor as so many may have believed

Make of this what you will:

 

Greg Wienges @GregNJ

I'm getting the feeling a school that was long attached to a certain #1 player may not be as much of a factor as so many may have believed

 

I'm so confused by that statement. Is he talking about UK or FSU?

It means he has no clue either.

Wiggins would obviously go straight to the League if he could, and by all reports is ready. So the decision is how to spend his necessary year before he goes #1. FSU would be lower key and a lesser spotlight, but wouldn't offer much of a chance to win, especially a ring. UNC offers a chance at a title IF everyone comes back, and would certainly be high profile & in the spotlight many fear he's avoiding.

 

KY on the other hand gives him a chance to practice against fellow lottery picks day in, day out & learn much more than he would gain at the other schools. He'd not only have a very realistic chance to win the national title, but maybe even make history (40-0); and I believe no one, not the great UCLA teams, LeBron, Jordan, etc. have done that?

 

IF it's purely a business decision, doesn't seem all that difficult; but then I'm a UK fan & an optimist??

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.