Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

One of the insiders I know feels UK leads for both Wiggins and Randle...

 

:banana:

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just have a feeling that UK will get none of these guys. Best shot would be Randle I would guess. If Randle and Wiggins would come to UK, no team is getting within 10 points of them. Undefeated. Dennis Greeen will be tell us to "go ahead and crown them".

 

I have heard that UK leads for Randle, and heard the UNC and KU visits for Wiggins are pretty much pointless, it's a dog fight between FSU and UK, which everyone presumed all along. They will definitely get one, and as of right now, GT's insider may be spot on.

I have heard that UK leads for Randle, and heard the UNC and KU visits for Wiggins are pretty much pointless, it's a dog fight between FSU and UK, which everyone presumed all along. They will definitely get one, and as of right now, GT's insider may be spot on.

 

Hopefully so. Would be a class unlikely to ever be matched.

 

I have heard that UK leads for Randle, and heard the UNC and KU visits for Wiggins are pretty much pointless, it's a dog fight between FSU and UK, which everyone presumed all along. They will definitely get one, and as of right now, GT's insider may be spot on.

 

Or the insider could be like everyone else and is just guessing.

 

If venture to say that no one has a firm grip on where Wiggins is going or Randle either. It's all a guessing game.

Or the insider could be like everyone else and is just guessing.

 

If venture to say that no one has a firm grip on where Wiggins is going or Randle either. It's all a guessing game.

 

If I am dealing with a source that is guessing I say so up front. This guy isn't the guessing type and has zero interest in those games. Plus it wasn't a prediction. Simply based off the info he has from a lot of different angles UK is currently in the lead for both. No more, no less...

If I am dealing with a source that is guessing I say so up front. This guy isn't the guessing type and has zero interest in those games. Plus it wasn't a prediction. Simply based off the info he has from a lot of different angles UK is currently in the lead for both. No more, no less...

 

I've seen where people say no way Randle plays with the twins and I've also read where the player he wants to play with most is Andrew Harrison. Got any clarity on that?

 

If I am dealing with a source that is guessing I say so up front. This guy isn't the guessing type and has zero interest in those games. Plus it wasn't a prediction. Simply based off the info he has from a lot of different angles UK is currently in the lead for both. No more, no less...

 

I know what you're saying. I was just stating that it seems like in this situation a lot of people have little to work with on the subject and are going on educated guesses or instinct. Not saying your source doesn't know, just more of a general observation pointed out because of the previous poster. :thumb:

I've seen where people say no way Randle plays with the twins and I've also read where the player he wants to play with most is Andrew Harrison. Got any clarity on that?

 

In an interview with Dave Telep (I think it was Telep) Randle said that of all the 2013 players, he would prefer playing with Andrew over anyone else.

I know what you're saying. I was just stating that it seems like in this situation a lot of people have little to work with on the subject and are going on educated guesses or instinct. Not saying your source doesn't know, just more of a general observation pointed out because of the previous poster. :thumb:

Most are guessing which is why I filter it as best as possible. Got something from a source that is only going to pass something along if the info is very solid. Nothing is done by any stretch...

Most are guessing which is why I filter it as best as possible. Got something from a source that is only going to pass something along if the info is very solid. Nothing is done by any stretch...

 

The joys of recruiting....:lol:

I know what you're saying. I was just stating that it seems like in this situation a lot of people have little to work with on the subject and are going on educated guesses or instinct. Not saying your source doesn't know, just more of a general observation pointed out because of the previous poster. :thumb:

 

No, it's not a guessing game if you get legitimate info and don't draw conclusions. People do have a good idea where Randle will go now (KU or UK, probably favoring UK, even supposedly noted by the KU coaching staff), and Wiggins (possibly to FSU, but would not be surprised if UK gets him). If you follow UK recruiting at all seriously, this stuff would pretty much be known knowledge.

  • Author

Wow, I could't imagine getting both Wig and Randle! That would be one of the sickest college basketball teams of all time, especially when you factor in who may be back from this years team. Not to mention crushing any kind of top recruiting class ceiling, Fab 5 wouldn't be able to touch whatever we would call this class (Elite 8?) If that were to pan out that would give Kentucky arguably the top two players in the class, 4 out of the top 5, 5 out of the top 10, and 7 out of the top 20 (potentially). Sheeew, I don't even really want to get my hopes up for that, just sounds too good to be true. If it happens though my oh my!

 

If this did happen though would be interesting to see the roster shakeup that would come from it. Wiggins and Randle would make seven and eight for this recruiting class, leaving only five spots left for returning players. If more than two come back out of Noel, Poythress, Goodwin, and WCS there could be some problems. I look for Wiltjer and Harrow obviously to be back, that makes 10 players on scholarship. If WCS comes back that would be 11, one of Poythress or Goodwin would be 12, and then you have Hood and Polson. That's just basically assuming Nerlens leaves and one of Goodwin and Poythress. When Polson came on it was with the understanding he could have a scholarship if not used elsewhere, so he could have his pulled. The most interesting thing to me is Jon Hood, I look for him to maybe transfer via the graduate school option (maybe with Cal's urging). He has a year of eligibility left, but can't see him getting clock next year, I can easily see him transferring out ala Julius Mays. If something drastic happens and more guys return than expected then what happens to Willis? It was a major talking point in his recruitment that his father warned him of Kentucky overrecruiting him and not having his back per say. What would happen if he was asked to grey shirt or something along those lines? Don't think it would happen because I don't think Cal would want the bad pub that comes along with it, but for the first time in Cal's tenure the teams starting to get pretty full. Will be interesting to see how he handles it.

One of the insiders I know feels UK leads for both Wiggins and Randle...

 

WOW I hope so!!!!! Any word on when Wiggins may announce?

  • Author

Again, don't want to get my hopes up in all of this. BUT, here's a couple recruiting points I think Cal may be stressing and a couple I think that makes all of this possible. When looking at next years team and the log jam for minutes that is sure to happen, it would be a tough sale for a lot of top recruits who want the time and the touches. Here's what I think Cal is putting in their ear's though. After the championship he has talked about his only real goal left is to try for an undefeated season, he's talked about it a couple of times. I think he could be trying to sale these guys on not just going for a title, but trying to do something special. He's more than likely challenging these guys to see if they want to be a part of what could potentially be one of the most historic runs college basketball has ever seen. An undefeated season hasn't been done since the 70's in mens college basketball, and with all the parity in the sport today another team doing it is unlikely. However, a team like the one being discussed could potentially get it done. Can he be selling them on going for something remarkable? Being a part of one of the best teams of all time? I think so.....

 

Another thing obviously is the fact that these guys are big time NBA prospects and a couple of them could play in the league right now. I think the fact that next years team will offer so much competition it makes a major selling point that each day in practice you are preparing yourself for the next level. Day in day out your playing with pro's, your in a dog fight every day. A lot of us have saw the battle Randle and Wiggins had at the peach jam, or the battle Wiggins and James Young had at the Nike Global Challenge. Could you imagine this day in day out? It's obviously going to make these guys better and help their game far much more than going to another school. I mean I get the logic that kids like Wiggins, Randle, and Jabari Parker are going to be elite NBA prospects no matter where they play, but I think people really underestimate the effect of going against the best of the best every single day. That gets you NBA ready more than anything, it's not necisarily the coaching but the environment. I think he is selling this environment as a way to best prepare these guys for the next step in their careers, they will be more ready for the NBA after leaving Kentucky next season than anywhere else they could play.

 

Lastly, in Randles case. Texas Stadium. Kentucky is the only place he could play next season (other than Baylor) that gives him an opportunity to do what most Texas kids only dream about. Having a showcase game played in arguably the greatest venue in all of the world, not to mention the crown jewel of his homestate. Cal can sell a big time homecoming event to Randle, along with the Harrisons. The chance of a lifetime for these guys to come back home and and play a basketball game under the hole in the roof at legendary Texas Stadium.

 

 

 

I think these are the three selling points that may get the job done for Kentucky, "if" Randle and Wiggins are the type of guys who want to get after it so to speak. I've read how competitive they are, if they really want a challenge this is it.

  • Author

Spindoc,

 

I'm interested to see your take on Wiggins now. I know with what your son was saying you had a feeling about UNC before the season started. Has that changed or do you still have the same feeling he likes UNC a lot more than the media lets on?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.